Shock bound when bleeding

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starsfan

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Have been having an issue when I rebuild and try to bleed my shocks. The same issue with 1/8 and 1/10th scale cars. Right now I am working on a Losi 22 5.0 dc elite.
When I bleed the shock I can easily get the rebound out, especially after a second bleed. I can't however, get the bound or tendency to compress when fully extended. After watching several videos and searching all over for info I can only achieve neutral on one end of the shock and not both at the same time.

Does anyone have some tips that might help here?

Have been having an issue when I rebuild and try to bleed my shocks. The same issue with 1/8 and 1/10th scale cars. Right now I am working on a Losi 22 5.0 dc elite.
When I bleed the shock I can easily get the rebound out, especially after a second bleed. I can't however, get the bound or tendency to compress when fully extended. After watching several videos and searching all over for info I can only achieve neutral on one end of the shock and not both at the same time.

Does anyone have some tips that might help here?
Not sure what your asking here. As it's a little confusing. Are you trying to get stiffer shocks? Not really sure what your trying to do with your shock bud... are these shock on the drag car?

After I fill a shock with oil and put it back together I want to be able to compress it all the way and it stay there and not automatically rebound. Same thing when I pull it fully extended I want it to stay there and not compress or bound. I can bleed it and get one or the other but not both.

That's physics for ya.
I usually go for half to no rebound.

Correct they are emulsion and I can get them to not rebound, but then they have a lot of bound in them. Meaning when I extend them they try to compress.

You have bled the shocks too well.

No joke: Not enough air in the fluid means it’s going to rebound from the compressed state and retract from the extended state.

Emulsion shocks need some air in them to work as intended. Gases are compressible while fluids are not. The bubbles mix into the fluid as soon as you bounce the car a few times and hit the track.

Back