Help with my Short Course

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themask888

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
Hello.

I have an issue with my RC truck. Basically is that when i turn it on drives good until i hit reverse. As soon i hit reverse it start going reverse randomly by itself. Some times goes just slow sometimes really fast.

So I turn it off and on the it can run good for a while and suddenly start going reverse again by itself.

I dont know if is the radio or receiver or the esc. Everything is good except

HPS DestrierEP
Upgraded Brushless motor combo with ESC. Spektrum DX4C radio
Spektrum SR3100 rx

Thinking it might be the batteries bevause I just pull other rc car i have and is doing the same. This is a Tracxas ESC wigh traxxas motor and and spektrum SR3100 receiver. And bound to my DX4C

The only thing is reused is the battery and is bound to the same Tx in another memory.

So now in Jan 2022 I purchased a brand new battery.

Try it and is doing the same.

So i purchased a brand new ESC. "GoolRC 60A Brushless ESC and Programming Card for 1/10 Off-Road RC Short Truck Car"

Install it with the new battery and is doing the same.

Is like something is sending the wrong signal. Or seems to receiving the wrong signal. Sometimes when i turn side it start going forward slowly. If i release then leave it start going reverse full speed ( like crazy) the i press forward and stops. If i release it. (Neutral) start going reverse.

So i turn it off. Reading other forums someone said that i should swap some cables of the motor. I did and what it does when i turn on. Is start shaking.

It possible that is the receiver? Or the motor it self.OR THE Radio The weird part that i have the same behavior in other of my car with another esc engine bus the same model of receiver.

But in my Arrma Vorteks is wirking perfectly.

take truck put it up safely so you can see receiver and esc to track down problem more precisely..to me it sound like rx is picking up a signal
recalibrate esc to radio

Since this is happening in two vehicles, and only the Tx is the common variable, it HAS to be the Tx. Take the Tx apart and look at the throttle switch for a loose wire or short.

I only have a couple Spektrum radios, and hate em both. If you want a real fix, buy a new Flysky GT3B Tx/Rx. $40 very well spent.

Sounds like the throttle trigger doesn't center properly but gets stuck in reverse a bit. If tour ESC has a dead zone option in the programming, it may be fixable.

I agree, the GT3B is a great Tx for the price.
Does this works with the Spectrum Receivers? Those 2 of my cars have sprectrum receivers and the Arrma Vorteks too. Do I bound all of them to this DX4C
or do i need to get rx also?

Does this works with the Spectrum Receivers? Those 2 of my cars have sprectrum receivers and the Arrma Vorteks too. Do I bound all of them to this DX4C
The GT3B comes with an Rx. But you can buy more for like $10 each. Or there is a deal on Amazon for 5 of them for like $33. The radio itself has a memory where you can store customized settings for up to 10 different vehicles.

Last edited:
No, it doesn't because the Spectrum receivers used with the DX4C are DSMR. I would just buy the radio and a few receivers like @WickedFog mentioned.

take truck put it up safely so you can see receiver and esc to track down problem more precisely..to me it sound like rx is picking up a signal
recalibrate esc to radio
How i put it on safety?
Sounds like the throttle trigger doesn't center properly but gets stuck in reverse a bit. If tour ESC has a dead zone option in the programming, it may be fixable.
How can you help me? Do i have to purchas a trigger? Or a new Radio like suggested here?

How i put it on safety?

How can you help me? Do i have to purchas a trigger? Or a new Radio like suggested here?
He meant put it up safely, as in on a stand. I agree with everyone else, just get a new radio and a couple receivers. But for $40.00, just buy two and then you can run both trucks simultaneously with a friend.

Back