Shafty Killer !!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chip cross

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
IMG_0374-1.gif

IMG_0386-1.gif

IMG_0375-1.gif

IMG_0378-1.gif

IMG_0379-1.gif

IMG_0381-1.gif

Berg axles
Electro Front and Rear dig
KK ZERO
KK Lower delrin bent links
KK electronics tray
Revo push rod upper links
Mamaba Max ESC
Badd's dig setup
2 45x1 handwound Tream Brood motors
CCBEC
SR3100 RX
JR 8711 steering servo
CAC Tuckers
Losi crawler shocks
4s Lipo from Maxamps
Fubar Lockouts
AX-10 sub shafts

Wow!!! Serious articulation!!! That is what I WISH I could afford to build. Post some crawling pics as well?

O Noes! RCNT Has been Bergled!

Nice rig Chip. Hope the Clod Stall doesn't get you down :)

Now thats a sweet looking rig Chip! Are you bringing this beast to the GTG in a few weeks?

Hope the Clod Stall doesn't get you down :)

When set up right it's not as bad as you think and I can guarantee you it's set up right.

Wow!!! Serious articulation!!! That is what I WISH I could afford to build. Post some crawling pics as well?
It just takes time bro, do your research before you buy.
Very nice chip!
Thanks man.

O Noes! RCNT Has been Bergled!

Nice rig Chip. Hope the Clod Stall doesn't get you down :)
I will take clodstall over a shafty any day

Now thats a sweet looking rig Chip! Are you bringing this beast to the GTG in a few weeks?

When set up right it's not as bad as you think and I can guarantee you it's set up right.
Yes sir, if I don't break it.
I know, I was just having a jab at him 'cause I'm a shafty ;)
Keep trying :hehe:

I know, I was just having a jab at him 'cause I'm a shafty ;)
Keep trying :hehe:

Awww c'mon Chip, you're no kind of a man without a big shaft to impress with ;) :hehe: :thumbup:

Good luck with the rig buddy, looks like it'll pwn all over the park. MOAs are pretty kick ass to be honest, but I just prefer working with stuff I'm familiar with, which is big solid axles, propshafts and centre gearboxes. I'm old fashioned like that :p

Last edited:
Guess who else has some Berg axles on the way?? Yes, Sir Charles Axial the thrty-seven-teenth will also be building a Berg rig, however I'll still be keeping and running my Axials as well. I like both style.

One thing that Chip isn't going to have is clod-stall. I know Chip and what motors he's running, and if he is able to stall them out, I know Chip well enough to know that he will put two cobalts in there (which is what I'll be doing for sure, overkill here I come!=devil)

Chip, it's a beautiful rig as always, I can't wait to see it perform. I'm glad you got rid of that big old shaft, it was kinda painful really! Always rubbing in the wrong places, getting all irritated and such. No one likes a shaft that gets the rash on it!

stop posting pics of your rigs chip!!! makes mine look homeless lol. great looking rig as always man.

Really nice Chip!!

What wheelbase did you end up with??

Also Why the Axial stubs?

What weight in the front wheels?

Hope you don't mind all the ?'s Trying to get ideas for my Berg,which I'll be building after the scaler is done.

One suggestion, The smiley should be on the back....LOOKING BACK AT THE COMPETITION! Have you got one with his tongue sticking out?? LOL!

Last edited:
IMG_0374-1.gif

IMG_0386-1.gif

IMG_0375-1.gif

IMG_0378-1.gif

IMG_0379-1.gif

IMG_0381-1.gif

Berg axles
Electro Front and Rear dig
KK ZERO
KK Lower delrin bent links
KK electronics tray
Revo push rod upper links
Mamaba Max ESC
Badd's dig setup
2 45x1 handwound Tream Brood motors
CCBEC
SR3100 RX
JR 8711 steering servo
CAC Tuckers
Losi crawler shocks
4s Lipo from Maxamps
Fubar Lockouts
AX-10 sub shafts

Nice that look sick

yo that looks sick man

Really nice Chip!!

What wheelbase did you end up with??

Also Why the Axial stubs?

What weight in the front wheels?

Hope you don't mind all the ?'s Trying to get ideas for my Berg,which I'll be building after the scaler is done.

One suggestion, The smiley should be on the back....LOOKING BACK AT THE COMPETITION! Have you got one with his tongue sticking out?? LOL!

12 7/16
Ax-10 stubs are much stronger than stock Berg stubs.
13.5 0Z per side total tire,wheel,foam, and lead weight.

That's what I thought,Theres been two Berg stubs break in the last two days here. I passed the info on, THANKS!!

Thanks for all the info too, Ron

Looks like a performer. Nice work! I can't believe the abuse these rigs can take :whhooo:

That's what I used to say about the girls on the corner =devil

Guess who else has some Berg axles on the way?? Yes, Sir Charles Axial the thrty-seven-teenth will also be building a Berg rig, however I'll still be keeping and running my Axials as well. I like both style.

One thing that Chip isn't going to have is clod-stall. I know Chip and what motors he's running, and if he is able to stall them out, I know Chip well enough to know that he will put two cobalts in there (which is what I'll be doing for sure, overkill here I come!=devil)

Nice! can't wait to see what you come up with.

Only problem with getting cobalts in there is you have to run your lower links really wide at the axles, then to get any steering your track width has to be around 10.5" + up front which is just too much for most. I tried and tried lol. Even though about hacking up the cobalt motor can to get it to fit without widening it. Just couldnt do it though :hehe:

Man, I got excited when I saw John Robert's rig. How will it perform with two high quality 35 turns?

Man, I got excited when I saw John Robert's rig. How will it perform with two high quality 35 turns?

Some say the axles do not have enough reduction for 35 turn motors, I went with 45 turns on 4s. The 4 cell is way to much power, but it is fun to watch this thing jump something and get 8 to 10 inch of air. :D