Shadow of the blade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone seen this show?
Restored huey helicopter traveling around the U.S. A tribute to the Vienam vets. http://www.vietnamexp.com/Shadow/media_coverage/Southeast_Sun.htm

I watch a lot of crap like that. Discovery, history, or military channel.
I know quite a few vets from that era. Most don't talk about it.
Had a guy at a bar buy me a drink, told everyone we were buddies in Saigon or somewhere.
I just played it off and went along with it. Some of my friend's had partied with him, but it was the first time I ever saw him. The war really messed with him.

One friend told me about coming back to the states and some bitch called him a baby killer.

Just glad to see them getting the respect they deserve.
If ya get the chance try to watch the show.
Amazing how one piece of machinery touches so many lives....

I served in Desert Storm. When our unit came back, we landed in New Jersey. They made us de-plane and go into the terminal so they service the aircraft. The Jetway was lined with people clapping and smiling. I didn't think it was a particularly big deal. We did our job and were coming. I also thought these people coming out to support us should instead be doing something for the Viet Nam vets instead of us.

And, Yeah, war can really mess you up. I know, I still have the nightmares to prove it.