Servo Glitch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tarant

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just a quick nOOb Q,
If the RX is place away from vibrations and is protected and will not vibrate, but a servo is close to the engine and will vibrate a lot will I have glitching problems,

There's too many variables involved to say definitively that you'll have problems. I can say if your servo is vibrating a lot, you'll have problems with it and it's lifespan (from the gears banging against one another). If possible, secure it as much as possible to keep it from banging around. Servo tape does wonders to cushion it and reduce the effect of the vibrations.

The wiring to the servo is vulnerable though. Do your best to keep your wiring away from the engine. Check the wiring regularly looking for nicks, cuts, scrapes, and any abrasions. Liquid plastic from Home Depot or Lowe's works great for sealing up trouble spots. Fold up (not roll up) the excess and store it in your receiver case, not around the engine.

there's a new how-to on radio glitches I just saw in that section...good info on this topic