SCX24 C10 steering misaligned right out of the box

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beep41

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I just got an SCX24 in the mail today, and the steering was misaligned out of the box. I found this thread through a google search, but I've run into an issue. I'm seeing someone mentioned redjusting the steering horn, but I'm having some trouble. I took the servo out of the truck, but when I went to remove the horn I couldn't seem to get it off. It was just moving the whole thing instead of unscrewing. Am I missing something here? I attached a pic of the screw I was trying to remove. I didn't want to just yank it off, I'm worried about breaking something. I did try adjusting the steering via the controller, but it's too far out of alignment, I can't get it perfectly straight.

EDIT: I finally got it.

Attachments

• 20210719_161535.jpg
    20210719_161535.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Try gently rotating it all one way to unscrew it the opposite. Once unscrewed, power on car, center servo, turn off car and screw the horn back on. That should make it true.

Once the center screw is off, you may need to wiggle. Both parts are splined, so it may hold it. I dont own this truck, but have like 15, 3 different scales, and I think 4 brands.

@Chubaka beat me lol.

Put the servo back in the truck. You need to do this in the truck.

Grab ahold the horn and hold it from turning when you turn the screw, and unscrew that screw completely (turn screw counter-clockwise). Set it aside.

Now pull the horn off the servo. It may be tight, but just pull it and it will pop off. You can pry it from underneat with a flat screwdriver if ya need to.

Turn the radio on and then the truck and the servo will center itself. Turn the steering trim to zero.

Straighten the wheels and try to reinstall the horn without turning the wheels.

Reinstall screw, holding the horn so you don't put too much force on the servo.