SCX-10/JK Upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here the final one is mounted:

20140703_003502_zpstqbf5tls.jpg

Looks sharp!! Cannot wait to see them mounted up. I think IMHO, that Pro-Line really turned over a new leaf with their beadlock wheels!!

I'll try and do that in the next few days. I've got to tame the spaghetti of chassis wiring and redo one of the mounting magnets first...

Still working on the taming the spaghetti of wiring on the chassis, but the magnets for the body are redone and here are some pics before the next phase of upgrades:

20140703_202949_zps4k9vc0zg.jpg

20140703_202901_zps5nqjperz.jpg

20140703_202924_zpsp6eryfht.jpg

Now I'm just waiting on parts from 3 different vendors to arrive. They've all shipped so....

Last edited:
Phase 1:

Currie LPW Front axle mocked up:

20140705_160453_zpsw95trmqa.jpg

20140705_160439_zpsr5et5lrr.jpg

This was easy to assemble and mock up with parts on hand. I just have to get some rod ends in and I'll be able to get the correct pinion angle as well as getting everything locked in. I'm just awaiting the second and third shipments plus the rod ends.

Last edited:
Damn man now I am really jealous!!! IMO once the Curries come into the build your doin alllriiigghhtt!!

It's the only Currie for now. I went over double my budget for upgrades this month. But I do have other upgrades coming and will post them as I get them done.

Lol been over the build budget many many times, okay everytime lol but its so much fun!!

Where did you get that mesh sleeve for your wire jungle, looks sleek!!

I got it from a computer supply place here. It does make the spaghetti look better.

Phase II Begun:

20140707_202148_zps8ewbvazt.jpg

Vanquish SCX-10 axle housing with Axial heavy duty 38/13 spools, Vanquish SCX-10 Lock outs, Vanquish Lower Link Mounts, Vanquish bearing caps, Vanquish SCX-10 axle truss and Vanquish Wraith axle housing cover installed.

20140707_202122_zpsrbhusczn.jpg

Showing the links mounting. Waiting on the links for the 4-link conversion and the rod ends.

Now if I could figure out how to mount the limiting straps.

Looks so bad ass, but those axles are a pretty penny no doubt, just wondering is there a reason you did not go with the Currie axle in the rear as well?

No one had them in stock, so I picked up the Vanquish SCX axle housing. Now they're back in stock...

Got the rear 4-link installed and mocked up (still need some link ends and need to get them when I get some more cash in). I also changed out all of the plastic hollow balls and replaced them with Traxxas aluminum hollow balls and that makes the suspension move a lot more smoothly. I'm waiting for the last bunch of parts to arrive and then I'll post pics when I get everything buttoned up.

Got it almost complete (for now). Mounted the Gearhead lift kit and Vanquish Suspension Limiting Straps. Got the steering linkages redone and centered. Got the front pinion angle adjusted down so it's not so severe by adding longer upper links. Now to get the pics taken and posted here.

Good god man reading your upgrades list makes me all sorts of jealous!! can't wait ti see this beast, how much have you spent so far on this thing minus the truck cost and rx/tx?

Let's find out. I never bothered as I bought stuff as I could afford it. After crunching the numbers, I came up with a total $1,750. This is without the original SCX-10 Kit and electronics.

Damn, I need a beer...

Let's find out. I never bothered as I bought stuff as I could afford it. After crunching the numbers, I came up with a total $1,750. This is without the original SCX-10 Kit and electronics.

Damn, I need a beer...

Haha oh my sweet jebus thats a pretty penny you got bolted onto that truck!!! Lol I dont think I have put that much into my current 1:1 and would rather upgrade my toys than my 1:1...

After seeing that total, I needed a beer too, and make sure my wallet wasn't on fire! :hehe:

Here are pics of the "completed chassis":

20140712_194719_zps0lhzzy2l.jpg

20140712_194705_zpsekngxyzu.jpg

20140712_194634_zpsvwnvidx2.jpg

20140712_194627_zpsbybbwr02.jpg

You can see the Limit Straps mounted on the chassis. I'll try and get some pictures of the full rig up tomorrow as I'm losing light today.

Night Lights:

20140715_222117_zpsd3ix9ffc.jpg

20140715_222131_zpsqqmlfzvl.jpg

20140715_222204_zps4gzne2tw.jpg

20140715_222219_zps75z8hnod.jpg

Got all but 1 rock light working now. Just have a few things to adjust and then I'm off to the creek bed.

Back