SCX-10/JK Upgrades

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yeah man that looks great!! I especially like the scale accessories and the small details such as functioning lights F&R and the interior. One thing id like to see though is it on the trail instead of your trucks toolbox :hehe:

I'm working on getting the body mount issue that I'm having settled. Once I've got it mounted like I want, I'm off for the dry creek beds near here.

I've seen a few types of discrete body mount setups.

One was using velcro tape on a square U shaped bracket mounted onto the shock hoops like body posts.
The other was using the bumper and mount, holes drilled the body just big enough for the bumper posts to slide through then into the mount on the chassis.

Its a doozy figuring this type of issue out...

I'm using rare earth magnets glued to the shell and screws where the front posts used to be. Unfortunately I'm going to have to get fancy to do that on the rear. The body posts don't meet up where i can mount the magnets. I'm still scratching my head thinking about the rear set up.

I think the local crawling group that started up is going out next weekend, So I'm to get it finished to go out with them.

Thanks for the comments.

I have pink camo stick tape, and pink sock tape, you know for save the puppies month.

I'd like to see a pic of how you used the magnets. Dont magnets loose the magnetic force after they get bumped around?

I'm using rare-earth magnets and they've worked fine on the other shell for over a year. Here's some pics of my mounting system:

20140517_160416_zps1yezwkn4.jpg

In place of the regular body mounts, large round-headed screws are used front and back. In front, the magnets mate directly to the screw and in the rear they mount to the elevated screws behind the mounts.

Here's the body with the magnets showing:

20140517_160342_zpss5mjtd7m.jpg

Here's the finished product with the gun rack showing:

20140517_160553_zpsmhvkhjc0.jpg

Looks good brother! I will definitely utilize that on mine! With the hardtop on the Rubi, it is a pain to remove the body. Thanks man!

You have more patience than I do with that wiring job, looks great! I don't think I have the patience for that! LOL

It's easier the second time around on the wiring. lol

The hardest part was gluing the headlight buckets in. After that, the rest was easy.

Got some more parts to throw at it over the weekend and will post some pics shortly.

EDIT: Here's the first Pic. New shoes for the monster. Interco Super Swamper TSL/XL 1.9 Tires:

20140602_182544_zps0utsmzom.jpg

Last edited:
The Swampers in 1.9 are as large as 2.2 Flat Irons.

Heck yea bro, I love the Swampers!

Well m Project got stalled after 3 wheels complete. I ran out of wheel weights. So it's off to the lhs.

Well, I ordered some more parts to throw at this monster. I'm also adding some white LED rock lights to this beast. I should have the parts shortly. Yeah, I keepin' them closer to the vest.

Picked up a set of these beadlocks today:

2747-15.jpg

Only 32 hex screws per wheel! Man are my hands sore and tired after assembling just two of them.

Nice!! I run the Faultlines with the same hex count, they hurt u to install them but will hold air 100% unless u have holes in ur tire.

Back