Sct is taking over at the track

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm mainly a roundy round racer but this SC racing is pretty fun. Went to the local track yesterday and got some practice in. Did some changes to my truck and I liked it!!! Haven't been a rookie in R/Cs since 1986...lol

Do you ever get a guy mumbling over your shoulder about stupid slashes there taking over ,yea i got hack out there..older guy grumbling about the fact there car and trucks are out dated and old just like them.... i use to run a losi truck in 1993 and it was cool.... but i wouldn't go buy a new t4 ...not with all the sick sct that are out and coming out..... it like night and day different's...the racing is the same for both classes ....but we know which one better.....SCT got me back in to RC and that what it all about ...making friend with all your fellow club racer...haven fun racing...:thumbup1:
What EVERYBODY should realise is that S/C trucks with their reasonable pricing and out of the box ready to race ability have revitalised the Industry and created a whole new generation of R/C enthusiasts as well as getting some of us "older " guys back into the hobby.Not to mention that they are an absolute blast just bashing with a few friends.

^^ especially if you lend your friends RCs.... SCTs make it back alive more often :)

^^ especially if you lend your friends RCs.... SCTs make it back alive more often :)

+1 on that. The full bodies not only look awesome but add a lot of protection.

I too was sucked back into RC by SC trucks after being out (happily) for around 10 years. I really like that there can be contact between trucks and it doesn't totally take someone out (though it can...), just like the real thing!

that and the lack of rubber=grip which limits the power it can put down & needs more skill driving

these days electric buggy and truck with their 1-run glovesoft rubber is like driving
Scalextric, they go they steer they jump they stop - ain't that much fun anymore
when the "stock" guys are nearly running faster than the mod boys.

I have been out of RC for years, used to have a brushless XXXT, that I raced about 3 years ago. It was so insanely fast I couldn't keep it hooked up, and bagged the whole deal, sold it all, and pursued my other passion with is homebrewed beer.

Still do the beerthing, but now getting back into RC because of the SCT's. Love them.

yeah today's BL cars are so quick the kiddies with their videogame reflexes have unfair advantage

old fogies can only beat them with race strategy, reliability and patience ;)

Definitely am happy with the new SCT class as this is my first time racing. I like the fact that you can compete without having to spend gobs of money.

yeah today's BL cars are so quick the kiddies with their videogame reflexes have unfair advantage

old fogies can only beat them with race strategy, reliability and patience ;)

You got that right...lol