Team Assosciated 6.4D or 6.1?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marky's Lab

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been into RC since I was a kid in the 90s & have not raced at a club since 1995ish.

I have some 12th scale cars for my garden track and have found a really chilled out club nearby for 10th scale (grass and dirt track). I want to go and race but I don't have anything that fits in a class.

I have seen a good condition b6.1 with spares battery etc that will only need a motor change to fit in stock class for about 60% of the price of a new b6.4D kit.

I assume it's a carpet version 6.1.

Is this going to drive nice on a really low grip surface and be a good thing for me to buy? I don't really want to win races, but I want to be able to get round the track with regular guy driving skills & upgrade the car + replace bust parts easily.

PS I don't even know when the B6 will probably be replaced (by a B8?). Or if buying an RTR SCT (losi) for the same price as the B6.1 (+ battery cost) is more sensible.

Cheers

I have seen pro level drivers run carpet edition on low grip dirt and they did not recommend it.
In fact any 2WD on low grip dirt just isn't very much fun (for me), but I get it, 4WD's are more expensive.
If you wan to pinch some pennies then I would consider a used 4WD Buggy.

A modest priced brand is PR Racing:
https://shop.thercproshop.com/pr-ra...t-10th-electric-4wd-off-road-buggy-kit-1.html

Here's my build thread on the 401R which is competitive with all the current name brands:
There might be folks trying to sell their used PR buggies here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/593556404110911

I have seen pro level drivers run carpet edition on low grip dirt and they did not recommend it.
In fact any 2WD on low grip dirt just isn't very much fun (for me), but I get it, 4WD's are more expensive.
If you wan to pinch some pennies then I would consider a used 4WD Buggy.

A modest priced brand is PR Racing:
https://shop.thercproshop.com/pr-ra...t-10th-electric-4wd-off-road-buggy-kit-1.html

Here's my build thread on the 401R which is competitive with all the current name brands:
There might be folks trying to sell their used PR buggies here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/593556404110911

Cool buggy, but locally easily available parts for me are pretty much Assosciated TLR or Xray (don't want to wait ages for Shipping of spares from the US or China).

I think I should probably avoid a 2wd carpet version for dirt/grass though. Maybe I will just get a TLR SCT as there are 2 others racing them (1 kit and 1 rtr) in a combined SCT/stadium truck class.

Hi all,
I have been into RC since I was a kid in the 90s & have not raced at a club since 1995ish.

I have some 12th scale cars for my garden track and have found a really chilled out club nearby for 10th scale (grass and dirt track). I want to go and race but I don't have anything that fits in a class.

I have seen a good condition b6.1 with spares battery etc that will only need a motor change to fit in stock class for about 60% of the price of a new b6.4D kit.

I assume it's a carpet version 6.1.

Is this going to drive nice on a really low grip surface and be a good thing for me to buy? I don't really want to win races, but I want to be able to get round the track with regular guy driving skills & upgrade the car + replace bust parts easily.

PS I don't even know when the B6 will probably be replaced (by a B8?). Or if buying an RTR SCT (losi) for the same price as the B6.1 (+ battery cost) is more sensible.

Cheers
Buying generation or two old race rc is good way to save money. I have b6.1 roller, I paid only 100$ for it and it came with bunch of upgrades, spare parts, spare body and wings. With proper tires and proper setup it handles very nice.

Back