Screw pins for steering block into caster block.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Went out with the rustler today. Within the first 60 seconds of turning the car on the steering block got out of the caster block. I used these screw pins. I am going to order some blue thread locker or lock tight. Also I am going to order more of the screw pins. I like the screw pins cause I don't have to deal with the e clips. Also I hit the curb.
Screenshot_20211017-163445.png

Also used these for the arms going into the bulk head.

loctite isnt going to help if your hitting curbs. Do they even make the old school pins with the e-clips anymore? Those are technically better but I havent seen those since I bought my first nitro Rustler.

loctite isnt going to help if your hitting curbs. Do they even make the old school pins with the e-clips anymore? Those are technically better but I havent seen those since I bought my first nitro Rustler.
On my slash before I upgraded the bulk head it had the pins and e clips. The pins were stuck in the bulk head so I just throw away the old bulk head and arms and upgraded to rpm arms and bulkhead.
But when we got the rustler last year it had the screw pins.
On the rustler for the steering block it had the pins and e clips but one of the pins were bent and hard to get out that's why I have the screw pins
PXL_20210925_013136385.jpg

I'm not a fan of c-clip pins and screw pins are a pain as well. They should run them clear through and capture them with a nut. Screw pins like to back themselves out. Been fighting with them on my maxx4s since I got it. Finally got fed up and didn't feel like spending the $20 on the "upgrade hinge pin kit" and took a dremel to the pin screw heads and some small button heads (could have used grub screws more easily if I had some). The maxx has provision for 3mm screws next to the pins to hold the "upgrade" pin retainers on. With a chunk cut off the screw pins and a set screw in the hole, it keeps the screw pin from backing out.
2021-1020-maxx-hingePinLock.jpg

So far, no more backed out screw pins. lol!

I don't know if the smaller trucks have the holes for screws, probably don't.

Back