Schumacher menace help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markfirefly

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm new to all this a bought a menace! Iv got used to it but had a little accident. .. I hit a curb head on damaging the front bumper, breaking the filter line inside the fuel tank and also breaking the 4 way battery holder! Fixed the problens.. servo all working car starts but it wont pull off just revs over. I notice the 3 gears only the 2 are spinning when started. Have a ruined the clutch with the impact?? Any ideas??

the best bet is the gears in the trans are striped. sooooo you crashed the front? EVERYONE does that. and it wont be your last.

The gears only started playing up after the crash. I stripped it all down u can see the gears are not linking up with the other cogs. I had them lined took it for lil blast and stripped lil bit off the 1st gear. As thete anyway on lining them back up. I stopped the car asoon as I heared it. Lil tear on the 1st gear. Thanks

I need to mesh my gears.... anyone ach a menace with metal gears?

Theyre famous for stripping gears. I got rid of mine by smashing it with a hammer. I dont know of anybody that makes metal gears.

Will they stil strip if I mesh them right?

Yes, thyre brittle.

---------- Post added at 5:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 5:07 AM ----------

My menace beffore
10.jpg

After it broke for the last time a 3 foot fall from my work bench broke an axle arm and knuckle. I had just fixed it. I finished off with a hammer. Best thing i ever did saved me a ton of $$$. Pos broke every single run.

photo2.jpg

Pmsl! U still taking your anger management courses lol. You could have saved some if thos parts and sent them my way lol

Back