Schumacher Cactus Fusion 2 question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
I got a set of Schumacher Cactus tires a while back for my B74.1 and I just sat down to glue em up while watching some of the Worlds qualifiers and I see that the fronts are not symmetrical.

In the picture below, which side should be the outside? The red arrow? Or the blue? My instinct tells me it should be the red side but I want to make sure before I make em permanent.

Thanks guys!

IMG_2524.jpeg

At first I was confused. I used to use the Cactus for my rears, those are cactus fusion, got a little confused there.
Yea i think its the red that would be outside blue inside.

It's a matter of preference and depends on your track conditions. The vast majority of drivers will run with Red to the outside to have less grip, to stabilize the steering, however I've seen some drivers run Blue to the outside to get more aggressive steering response. The fusions tend to wear pretty quick so by running "Blue Out" will maintain grip for longer, so it's not uncommon to adjust steering speed (SS) as the tires wear. Perhaps start with 75% SS and then increase the SS after every run to accommodate for wear. By the time you hit 100% SS then the tires have lost their edge and your lap times start falling off pace.

You can save a lot of money running Blue Out if you're disciplined to tune accordingly, but most drivers prefer to spend the extra money and run a less complicated setup that doesn't require adjustment every run. To each is own, there's no right/wrong method :)

I personally run Raw Speed which are easily double the wear life of Fusion's and I run 2WD Slims on my wheeler to get a YUGE advantage, more info here:
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/2wd-wheels-on-4wd.136992/

It's a matter of preference and depends on your track conditions. The vast majority of drivers will run with Red to the outside to have less grip, to stabilize the steering, however I've seen some drivers run Blue to the outside to get more aggressive steering response. The fusions tend to wear pretty quick so by running "Blue Out" will maintain grip for longer, so it's not uncommon to adjust steering speed (SS) as the tires wear. Perhaps start with 75% SS and then increase the SS after every run to accommodate for wear. By the time you hit 100% SS then the tires have lost their edge and your lap times start falling off pace.

You can save a lot of money running Blue Out if you're disciplined to tune accordingly, but most drivers prefer to spend the extra money and run a less complicated setup that doesn't require adjustment every run. To each is own, there's no right/wrong method :)

I personally run Raw Speed which are easily double the wear life of Fusion's and I run 2WD Slims on my wheeler to get a YUGE advantage, more info here:
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/2wd-wheels-on-4wd.136992/
@bill_delong - your post on running 2WD Slims on the front of your wheeler is what finally convinced me to make an account here. I'm interested in giving it a shot!

Back