Scale differences

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

El Pirata

RCNT VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
While I understand the scale difference for size only where does the engine size play in the scale?

Hunter

Hardcore RCNT User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I dont think it plays in to much as far as scale goes. I think what were dealing with is more of a power to weight ratio set up in the trucks we run. Iv seen 1/10th scale beat 1/8th scale trucks on dirt tracks, it all comes down to which is the better driver and which truck has the most power. If this is not what your looking for oh well I trided:classic:

SkyMaxx

RCNT VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
The power plant plays no part in the scale of the model. Typically, however, the larger scale models require a larger power plant to give it the performance it deserves. The .21 models tend to be lumped in the 1:8 scale for some reason, despite the fact that they use a ton of 1:10 parts. I think it is up to whatever the manufacturer labels their truck as. Case in point...the Savage is labeled a .21 1/8 Monster Truck, yet it is parts compatible with the T-Maxx a known 1:10 scale.

El Pirata

RCNT VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So then what does an extended chassis t-maxx fall under, 1/10th or 1/8th?

Oh yeah, and why do a great many people I talk to refer to engines as an 1/8trh scale engine and so forth?

Hunter

Hardcore RCNT User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
1 it falls under 1/10th scale its just a stretch.

2 I dont know the people you talk to so I dont know why they say that.

El Pirata

RCNT VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was thinking about most of tghe people I talk to either here or at the lhs that refer to the engines in a scale.

Hunter

Hardcore RCNT User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
In that case it would be like SkyMaxx said.Typically, however, the larger scale models require a larger power plant to give it the performance it deserves. The .21 models tend to be lumped in the 1:8 scale for some reason, despite the fact that they use a ton of 1:10 parts. I think it is up to whatever the manufacturer labels their truck as. Case in point...the Savage is labeled a .21 1/8 Monster Truck, yet it is parts compatible with the T-Maxx a known 1:10 scale.