SC8 engine tuning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papy_yosh

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi all,

I have an SC8 that I'm trying to run. But I don't know what will be good for fuel. we are at 5500' of altitude. I'm new at nitro, I don't have a clue of what I need for setup. The SC8 manual is so confusing. On the HSM and LSM they give a totally different number of turns to unscrew when you read the text or look at the comment of the pictures. Like 6 1/2t in text and 4 1/2t on pict for LSM.
I need guidance on witch one to use. :\

Thx

I can't say I have even looked at that part of my manual but the LSN and HSN are almost always going to have different settings. Remember though that those setting are just a starting point, you have to tune them according to what the engine needs to perform well and not overheat.

I think your tuning will make the biggest difference for running it,just use a fuel you can obtain easily. Right now I'm running Blue Tnunder Race 20% in my SC8

Well first off your settings are probably going to be way different than the manual due to your altitude. I'm only like 1100" ft. above sea level. You are over 8/10's of a mile higher than I am. The air is thinner in your area so the oxygen content per cubic area is less. This means you need to run your needle settings leaner (more air, less fuel) in order for it to run properly.

Thanks all for feed your feed back. I was able to start it and run it for a little. I cannot do any tuning yet, due to a air leak at the tank. somehow I have bubbles going in the line from the tank. Any Idea?
I'll tune (attempt to) do that with the new tank. Racer what temp are you usually running your SC8?

Got it running.

Hi,

I have it running on 20%. But...
It struggles in mid high and above rpm. if I put it leaner it runs better but it goes to 280F in less than 2 mn.
what am I doing wrong. do you think that 30% will help to bring more O2 and allow me to run better?

Back