Savage Xl K. 5.9 engine alternative

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Habiak

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Is there any alternative for my K. 5.9 engine that is stronger or the same?

Can check on hpisavageforum.com, it's a sister site to this one. I know some have used a novarassi 28 as well, which should be a ripper.

I've never run an HPI engine in a savage. Always got them used and put my own in. So I can't compare really. I got a LRP30S2 in my X at the moment. It does pretty good with the HPI polished pipe. I was trying to run it with an LST2 pipe, but it seems to not have liked it. Once I changed over to the more free flowing HPI pipe, it runs quite a bit better with my limited tuning ability.

you have a 3.79Horse power motor now with almost 40,000rpm engine...I know theres a few E's with more hp n rpm with 4 cells..not many nitros...

The point is not to have a more powerful engine but one that is more reliable
But I have heard that the 5.9 engine is not so good so i would change it

The point is not to have a more powerful engine but one that is more reliable
But I have heard that the 5.9 engine is not so good so i would change it

apparently ,you don't look at anyone's threads ,the 5.9 engine is my favorite ,it is not the engine ,it is a people problem!

i would say dynamite big red on more of a budget, or Novarossi, or LRPs. I've heard LRP is starting to get their stuff together with QC, and the later batches of Spec 4s are having no issue. wouldnt be bad idea to double check it though :p.

Can check on hpisavageforum.com, it's a sister site to this one. I know some have used a novarassi 28 as well, which should be a ripper.

I've never run an HPI engine in a savage. Always got them used and put my own in. So I can't compare really. I got a LRP30S2 in my X at the moment. It does pretty good with the HPI polished pipe. I was trying to run it with an LST2 pipe, but it seems to not have liked it. Once I changed over to the more free flowing HPI pipe, it runs quite a bit better with my limited tuning ability.

you have a 3.79Horse power motor now with almost 40,000rpm engine...I know theres a few E's with more hp n rpm with 4 cells..not many nitros...

I think 4s is under 2hp actually, but not 100% sure. I recall seeing 2s was .75 hp. The difference is that the power is instant with electric vs having to spool up with nitro (for better, or worse - you hear arguments both ways on that).

Dynamite Big Red is a good upgrade for a cheap price. If you just want to go nuts the LRP .32 is ridiculous. The SH .28 p9 (or is it p8?) is also a ridiculously powerful choice. I have a p3 that is off the hook power wise.

Okey thanks :)
No i have not read so much of my K. 5.9 aparently :)

Back