Savage x 4.6

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC Crazy
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So While browsing through the local online ads I came across what looks to be new savage X 4.6 Originally posted for $360 but price reduced to $200. So I called the guy and went and looked at it. The guy claims it's only been run 10 times. From looking at it it looks like it's only been run maybe one time. The only thing I can see is that the battery has been upgraded to a demon battery and the charging port has been changed. I took the truck all apart and cleaned everything up. I put new fuel lines on it and washed out the fuel tank with alcohol. I threw in a new glow plug, charged up the battery in truck and for the Roto start. Added some new fuel and She Fired right up and Ran good. Only issue I can tell is something is weird with Roto start. Possibly bad one way bearing. I don't care too much for the roto start because it's big and clunky so I ordered a new pull starter and a new one way bearing hopefully that solves the problem

Attachments

• 20210713_161953.jpg
    20210713_161953.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 20210713_161936.jpg
    20210713_161936.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 20210713_161037.jpg
    20210713_161037.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 83
So While browsing through the local online ads I came across what looks to be new savage X 4.6 Originally posted for $360 but price reduced to $200. So I called the guy and went and looked at it. The guy claims it's only been run 10 times. From looking at it it looks like it's only been run maybe one time. The only thing I can see is that the battery has been upgraded to a demon battery and the charging port has been changed. I took the truck all apart and cleaned everything up. I put new fuel lines on it and washed out the fuel tank with alcohol. I threw in a new glow plug, charged up the battery in truck and for the Roto start. Added some new fuel and She Fired right up and Ran good. Only issue I can tell is something is weird with Roto start. Possibly bad one way bearing. I don't care too much for the roto start because it's big and clunky so I ordered a new pull starter and a new one way bearing hopefully that solves the problem

!0 times is no garrantee that 10 full tanks was ran through it!
It can maybe simply mean that it was fired up an ran a little ,so therefore the engine
may not be fully broken in yet ,an is still in it rich factory tune setting on the carb. ,that
maybe why the starter is struggling!

After the engine starts to break in more an the carb is set on a leaner tune ,starting will
become easier!
One trick that you can do is to slightly lean carb ,an barely loosen up the glow plug to relieve
some compression when starting it ,ounce started ,you can tighten up the glow plug real quick!..:cool: