Savage x 4.6

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flex74

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Having problems can any one help when trying to start my savage with the roto start with the plug out it turns over with plug in it turns over. But when I put igniter on the plug it wont turn my roto start button pops out as if it was flooded

Having problems can any one help when trying to start my savage with the roto start with the plug out it turns over with plug in it turns over. But when I put igniter on the plug it wont turn my roto start button pops out as if it was flooded

It maybe possible that the carb is set on a very rich setting ,causing the engine to be in a hydraulic lock ,an the roto start
wont crank the engine over due to the pressure!

Try to start it with the glow plug loose ,an not tightened down to help relieve the pressure ,you can also lean the Hsn
setting in about a half a turn if it is flooding that bad!....:cool:

It maybe possible that the carb is set on a very rich setting ,causing the engine to be in a hydraulic lock ,an the roto start
wont crank the engine over due to the pressure!

Try to start it with the glow plug loose ,an not tightened down to help relieve the pressure ,you can also lean the Hsn
setting in about a half a turn if it is flooding that bad!....:cool:
I did that just don't understand to plug out half way turned hon down about 3 turns fromflush

I did that just don't understand to plug out half way turned hon down about 3 turns fromflush

If you have a bunch of fuel that is just pouring out of the muffler ,then the engine is flooded ,it does not
take much fuel to run these little engines ,if that is the case ,then your engine has never been tuned after
break-in from the factory setting on the carb.!

You also have to make sure that your glow plug is good an not fouled out or burned up ,a heavy flooded
engine will destroy the element in the glow plug ,so ,make sure that your glow plug is still good an glows ,
an your igniter is charged!