Savage x 4.6

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flex74

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Do any one know how fast a savage x 4.6 top speed. And how can I make it faster

for gearing,
higher clutchbell (pinion gear) tooth count = higher speed/less torque
lower spur gear tooth count = higher speed/less torque

think stock, those hit around 40-45mph ish? limitations for speed are mainly shaving weight so you can gear it faster without overworking the engine, getting a more powerful engine, or getting a tuned pipe.
do not get things like the supercharger and the NOS/CO2 system, these will either wreck your engine, or at the very least will hurt performance.

for gearing,
higher clutchbell (pinion gear) tooth count = higher speed/less torque
lower spur gear tooth count = higher speed/less torque

think stock, those hit around 40-45mph ish? limitations for speed are mainly shaving weight so you can gear it faster without overworking the engine, getting a more powerful engine, or getting a tuned pipe.
do not get things like the supercharger and the NOS/CO2 system, these will either wreck your engine, or at the very least will hurt performance.
Thanks I think I would take off the weight tuned pipe what pinion gear should i use with the 47t for more speed

Thanks I think I would take off the weight tuned pipe what pinion gear should i use with the 47t for more speed
don't jump too far with tooth count, start at an extra tooth or two, then if your engine is handling it and you want more, go another tooth or two. max id probably go with a 4.6 on one of those would be 17t or maybe 18t. it will be alot cheaper to decrease spur gear sizes as clutchbells are around 20$ a pop, and spurs are usually less than 10$.
is this for running off-road? or going to be for on-road use primarily?

don't jump too far with tooth count, start at an extra tooth or two, then if your engine is handling it and you want more, go another tooth or two. max id probably go with a 4.6 on one of those would be 17t or maybe 18t. it will be alot cheaper to decrease spur gear sizes as clutchbells are around 20$ a pop, and spurs are usually less than 10$.
is this for running off-road? or going to be for on-road use primarily?
On road so go smaller On the spur

On road so go smaller On the spur
yes smaller spur gear.
are you going to be putting on smaller tires then too? or doing the MT on-roads? like Road hawgs?

again dont go crazy between tooth counts, 2-3 teeth. (unless you are going to be running smaller tires.) you will hit an end point though, as the engine can only move so far before it impacts other items, so if you hit that far, will need to start looking at clutchbells.

yes smaller spur gear.
are you going to be putting on smaller tires then too? or doing the MT on-roads? like Road hawgs?

again dont go crazy between tooth counts, 2-3 teeth. (unless you are going to be running smaller tires.) you will hit an end point though, as the engine can only move so far before it impacts other items, so if you hit that far, will need to start looking at clutchbells.
Lol what u think on tires. Kind of like them big

Lol what u think on tires. Kind of like them big
could go with something like the duratrax bandito 3.8s:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/duratr...C7Sow1HDXR8PF_BSjLpam39E4j841ijMaAkETEALw_wcB
could go with a set smaller as well 2.8s: https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...1jXdDZseRSrUlgxISPRsCDQz0aQ05jmQaAlKiEALw_wcB
3.8s should be similar to stock, in that case i would drop down a few teeth on the spur gear. tbh could buy like 3 different sizes progressively smaller.
honestly though its all up to you. in the end it could be a mix of both smaller spur gear and bigger clutchbell. going to take some tuning on what your rig is capable of and what you are comfortable with.
do bear in mind gearing it higher will make the engine work harder, thus increasing temperatures and wearing out quicker.

Thanksmuch
Hey I got a problem trying to start my truck. Just put the clutch bell in put every together new glow plug compressions good. The truck has not been started in a while. I have quick start that I'm trying to start with a house drill do I need something faster

Hey I got a problem trying to start my truck. Just put the clutch bell in put every together new glow plug compressions good. The truck has not been started in a while. I have quick start that I'm trying to start with a house drill do I need something faster
Most electric drills should be able to spin fast enough to start it, that said, not all. Try taking a video of it not starting. Fuel is getting to/through the carb correct? Glow igniter charged? Glow plug tested on said glow igniter? (Not often but occasionally can get a DOA plug). Does it sound like its wanting to fire at all?

Most electric drills should be able to spin fast enough to start it, that said, not all. Try taking a video of it not starting. Fuel is getting to/through the carb correct? Glow igniter charged? Glow plug tested on said glow igniter? (Not often but occasionally can get a DOA plug). Does it sound like its wanting to fire at all?
Not at all