Savage With UE Shocks and Sport Maxx With UE Shocks Pics (Not modem friendly)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just a thread to show my trucks as they sit today. The savage just got an upgrade of New Era upper arms and UE Supermaxx Shocks. The Maxx... well, it's just beat up but still a fun truck.

Savage:
070204-SavageNewEraUEShocksExhaustSide.JPG

070204-SavageNewEraUEShocksExhaustSide2.JPG

070204-SavageNewEraUEShocksFront.JPG

070204-SavageNewEraUEShocksFrontLeft.JPG

070204-SavageNewEraUEShocksRear.JPG

070204-SavageNewEraUEShocksTankSide.JPG

Sport Maxx:
070204-SMaxxExaustSide.JPG

070204-SMaxxFrontLeft.JPG

070204-SMaxxFrontRight.JPG

070204-SMaxxRearLeft.JPG

070204-SMaxxRearRight.JPG

Yup, you were right allmost all function and no form. But I do like the T-maxx bumper on top of the body. Nice to see that you do auctually use your trucks.

on the savage i think its a good idea to of set the shocks one in the rear one in the front.if you put both in the rear your shock tower will flex more then if you off set them.put one shock in the rear one in the front cris cross pattern so on impact you have one shoch pushing toward the rear and one pushing to the front alot less flexing .just my opinion i run the same set up with the new proline powerstroke shocks!!

ADDAndy said:
Yup, you were right allmost all function and no form. But I do like the T-maxx bumper on top of the body. Nice to see that you do auctually use your trucks.
Oh yeah... I beat the crap out of my little maxx and it just asks for more. What good are looks when I mostly drive alone in a park here and there?

Definitly function.

hb1111 said:
on the savage i think its a good idea to of set the shocks one in the rear one in the front.if you put both in the rear your shock tower will flex more then if you off set them.put one shock in the rear one in the front cris cross pattern so on impact you have one shoch pushing toward the rear and one pushing to the front alot less flexing .
I thought about that, but then it also adds a twisting motion.

It's worked out pretty good on my maxx and the savage towers are stiffer than maxx towers.

Actually, I just got back from 2 hours worth of bashing. I REEEAAALLLYYY like the new shocks on the savage. Much more responsive in the flats, less body roll. But they soak up the jumps really well. I was getting about 7-10 feet of air under it and it would just land like a pillow...

LOL...A few more dollars and you'll have that thing looking almost the way I had it prior to stripping it down to sell it to you. :D

Glad to see you modding and loving that thing. What a great truck.

Looks good! I wanna get a savage. Those shocks any good? I have a friend who might get them.

UE is supposed to be the best. Since I only run a 18 maxx, I don't see the point in most of it. I had a 21 maxx, but regardless what you do, it's still a 1/10 truck.

Unless you do a complete conversion to a SUT, but by then, what's the point. You could have started with a buggy and gone the SUT route for a lot less $.