Savage Octane no longer on HPI page?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papahixson

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
everyone see they took it off there web page? that mean its never going to happen and they used it for advertising?

I did just hear that hpi went bankrupt

transmited from a mobile communications device

I think it may have been released for Europe. But definitely not for the US anymore....

Sent from my Pipboy-3000 in the Capital Wasteland.

Yeah looks that way.. sucks. Just like the 1/5 scale Savage was only released in Japan as well. Man that is too bad, I was really looking forward to it coming out. I blame the XS Flux and the crap ESC's in the full sized FLux on bankrupt. Oh well what can you do right?

Is it in bad taste to say "I told you so"? Just kidding.....that does suck. I really wanted to see one of those bad boys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX ^_^

You know with them going bankrupt and hobbico buying them, you have to wonder if that's a bad move on their part. I would think that releasing it would bring new revenue in, correct? They already did the r&d so the only big future cost would be manufacturing.

i seen the new X for sale on ebay the other day. HPI needs to cut their product line to the stuff that sells the most. savage line is popular, baha line is popular.

I'm sure they outsource the making of most of their car parts, that would be a huge check to write every month, down size the lines and thats less parts to outsource. not every line is as compatible as the savage and baha lines.
octane is probably a wish in the wind at this point. it probably would be popular, but they dont have the money to mass release it. i dont even understand why they released the news on it back in january, bankruptcy dont happen overnight.

BTW octane info is still on the main HPI US site, its just located way down in the "latest news" section

Last edited:
All we can do at this point is hope it makes it out the door....because I would like to see what some modders like Robin can do with than engine. Oh yeah..

http://www.hpiracing.com/news/2012121101/

2012121101_001.jpg

sounds like they did it to save the company and it was never a working rc

HPI went bankrupt? WTH, when did that happen?

That does really suck that it probably wont be release in the US, it will find its way over here I am sure tho. Well looks like I'm going to go ahead and just build my FLM savage up as brushless.

sounds like they did it to save the company and it was never a working rc

Not true some of us heard it was realeased in Europe

from HPI

We would like to be clear that Hobbico has not purchased HPI, HPI’s assets or the rights to any HPI products. Hobbico/Great Planes Model Distributors have simply purchased the necessary product inventory to enable them to provide the service levels required from an exclusive distributor in such a large market area. Their comprehensive distribution facilities will ensure fast and effective supply of the entire HPI product line.

HPI Announcement

In light of recent media speculation, HPI would like to confirm that it has appointed Hobbico/Great Planes Model Distributors as their exclusive distributor for HPI RC Cars in North America. This distribution partnership is a further extension of the HPI’s exclusive distribution network that is operating very successfully throughout the rest of the world.

We would like to be clear that Hobbico has not purchased HPI, HPI’s assets or the rights to any HPI products. Hobbico/Great Planes Model Distributors have simply purchased the necessary product inventory to enable them to provide the service levels required from an exclusive distributor in such a large market area. Their comprehensive distribution facilities will ensure fast and effective supply of the entire HPI product line.

As the exclusive North American distributor, Hobbico will also be providing first-class customer services utilizing their extensive facilities and knowledgeable staff at their headquarters in Champaign, Illinois. The customer service facility will be operational for the HPI product range beginning March 1st, 2013.

HPI USA will retain its headquarters in California, where we will continue to develop market-leading products and maintain relationships with our high-profile corporate partners. HPI Europe will handle centralized purchasing and logistics operations, resulting in more efficient accessibility of global product demand. These combined efforts will enable North American shops and customers better and faster access to HPI’s kits, spares and support.

This exciting partnership will enhance HPI’s presence within North America by giving both companies the opportunity to concentrate their efforts on their own specialized areas of the business.

HPI’s dedication to product development, marketing collaborations and our distribution partners will ensure HPI will remain the front runner in the worldwide RC market.

Damn, I'd take a gas powered truck over this nitro crap any day!

Damn, I'd take a gas powered truck over this nitro crap any day!

You can't just show up here on rcnitrotalk and talk smack about nitro,wtf!

Back