Savage 25 does not sound right

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joffie1

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi all I took my savage out on Xmas day and it was all fine but today went to take it out once started idle was fine then it gave out another funny noise and smoke coming from engine I have a video of sound so if anyone can help please inbox my fb message so can share with you my fb name is joff dyson cheers

Yeah, sounds way lean to me. Reset your carb to factory and see how it acts. May also want to reseat your carb just to rule out a leak at the carb neck. I know every new engine I've bought, the carb is loose so you can fit it properly. Been so long since I bought a new nitro vehicle that I don't recall if they lock them down or not. Regardless, it takes 20 seconds to loosent the cinch bolt, twist the carb a bit to make sure it's seated and push down while tightening the cinch back up.

A reaaaaaaaaal lean HSN will cause it to be lean while idling, or a minorly lean setting on the LSN will cause it to be lean while idling.

I also do not FB but will be happy to help you here. @olds97_lss. Has given you a good place to start!

I did not see no exhaust smoke at all ,it sounds way lean causing a high idle in which the truck should
be taking off!
You should have some smoke & a little fuel coming out of the exhaust!
I had to stop with foot from taking off without using transmission

I had to stop with foot from taking off without using transmission

My opinion ,at this point would be to pull the fuel tank an clean it with hot soapy water ,an dry it out.
reinstall the tank ,adjust your Hsn setting a turn 1/2 back on the rich side.
That should tame the high idle down some.

Its not good to have to keep your truck still with your foot or the brake ,it will over heat your clutches
an cause them to prematurely wear out ,also cause over heating!

Will try this th
My opinion ,at this point would be to pull the fuel tank an clean it with hot soapy water ,an dry it out.
reinstall the tank ,adjust your Hsn setting a turn 1/2 back on the rich side.
That should tame the high idle down some.

Its not good to have to keep your truck still with your foot or the brake ,it will over heat your clutches
an cause them to prematurely wear out ,also cause over heating![/QUOTE

Will try this th
Will try this thanks

Take a few mins to check your air filter too. Clean it and oil it if needed or replace it.

Will try this th

Will try this thanks

A nitro engine is forgiving at a certain point ,they don't need to be in a perfect tune to have fun to run!
However ,in my personal experience ,I feel that theres a very thin line between a perfect tune an a blown engine!
I prefer to run my engines on the rich side ,if I don't see smoke & alittle bit of raw fuel coming out of the muffler ,then
I know something is wrong!
If you let your RC set for awhile in storage ,then you should always make sure that you clean & rinse the fuel tank &
flush the fuel lines out.When fuel residue sits ,it becomes gummy an clogs the enteral fuel filters up in the tanks an
will give a person a miss interpate diagnose of a bad tune on the carb.

So always check other things that may cause the issues first!
One thing that I learned to do ,is to always write down your carb settings down on paper ,its easy ,when you
find the right tune setting that suits your engine ,count how many turns on the needles an note it down an
put it in your tool box!...:cool:

Back