sad news

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I hope my RC family enjoyed there steak and BJ day. As mine was spent driving 500 miles and holding my great grandmothers had as she went to be in a better place.

She was 80+ years old and had battled many battles in her lifetime. She has life long diabetes, skin cancer, breast cancer, heart problems and other things. The last big one was a hole in her intestine that required surgery, she never recovered from it. She has been in the hospital ever since and came very close to passing a few times. Last week they agreed to honor her do not resuscitate and let nature take its course. She had been in pain for a long time and fought one hell of a battle. Even with the strongest pain meds possible she was still hurting.

This week she started getting worse, and was unresponsive for 2 days. On Thursday my mom went in to visit and while talking to her asked her if she wanted to see my and my brother. She opened her eyes and squeezed her hand. Mom immediately called me and my brother and told us it was time to come home. I left Friday morning at 9:30 and drove strait through to arrive at Little Rock baptist hospital at 5:30. we got to go in, tell her we loved her and say our goodbyes before visiting hours were over at 6. We were allowed to go back in at 8 to see her and noticed her breathing and vitals didn't pick up like they did the first time we came in. we walked outside the room to talk with the nurse and see if we had missed anything in the 2 hours we were gone. I noticed her heart rate was getting sporadic and breathing was getting slower. We went back in the room and held her hand, told her we loved her and would miss her, and told her goodbye for the last time. her breathing slowed to about 8 a minute and then became shallow down to 6. she then stopped breathing and a minute or so later her heart stopped. as i stood there holding her hand, she passed peacefully at 8:50pm.

I am so thankful i made it there before she went, and feel that she was waiting on us to get there so she could see us one last time.

Although she is my great grandmother she practically raised my mom and we were very close.

The one memory that will always stick with me is the $5 cash Christmas gift you could always count on from grandma. In this day $5 is basically nothing, but it was all she had to give, she gave all she had, and was damn proud to be able to do so.

I didn't right this for anyone to feel sorry for me or anything. She was old, ill, and we knew it was coming. Just not when.

My reason for this post is to encourage everyone to love your family, cherish them, and spend as much time as possible with them because tomorrow is never promised.

A boring day with your loved ones is always better then an exciting day alone.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Last edited:
Sorry about that man, I know how you feel. My grandfather passed last June, we left the airport by the time he passed. I hope you will feel better.

My reason for this post is to encourage everyone to love your family, cherish them, and spend as much time as possible with them because tomorrow is never promised.

A boring day with your loved ones is always better then an exciting day alone.

very well said,god bless you and your family.

That's a really beautiful story, beason, and when you think back on it in the years to come, you'll have no regrets. Everything went right for both you and her. Just beautiful.
My thoughts are with you and your family.

Very sorry to hear it, but actually very happy for her to be pain free in a MUCH better. place. My thoughts are with you and yours.

She sounded like a great woman who lived a long life and had the love of a great family. No amount of money will buy family love, dedication, and strength. You did a good thing taking time out to write this, I too lost a family member who was simply visiting the doctor for routine stress test and had complications. Was completely unexpected, and still hard to believe. As with life comes death, and it is not an easy thing to cope with for anyone involved. As long as she was at peace with things, and everyone was supporting her I think her memory will be long lived. I wish you the best of luck, and we can only hope that one day we will all be reunited.

man i am sorry to hear about your grandma my familys thoughts and prayers are with you

Sorry for your loss Bro. My prayers are with you.
Been a year since my father passed and I think of him a lot. It's still hard at times.

You are so very right about spending as much time as possible with loved ones. I have a few regrets there.

I'm sorry to hear this Beason. But now we know she is not hurting anymore and she is in a better place. Jesus be with you and your family. Amen.

Sorry to hear about your loss. With all the battles she had seems as though she had a pretty long life. Your story is very inspiring. MAy God bless you and your family.

When my grandpa was in the hospital, I drug my mom to a fishing sale early one morning. She got a call, and we flew down to the hospital only to find that he had passed already. It was hard on us all, I for one took it as a sign, he wanted me to fish and be happy. So now here I am 19 and about to embark on becoming a amature bass fisherman in SoCal regional torunaments. I guess what I'm trying to say always look for the good in everything. Take life as it comes. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Bryson

sorry to hear about that man...i know how you feel. my father was recently diagnose with lung and colon cancer and was given 6 months to live. it been about a month now but the kemo is kicking his ass. so we have to live with not knowing when or where its going to happen but the certintay(?) that it will...:nono::nono:

...dunno what to say but, my sympathies to you and your family...

yea man never got to meat my grandparents so i never got that connection but shes better off now as much as it hurts to see em go thoughts and prayers be with you

Hey Beason,

She sounded like a truly wonderful person. I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Back