Sad Day For Jato/truggy clone

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRXaddict

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So i almost finished jato truggy clone. i just need to get a few small things.
BEACHPARTY058.jpg

Anyways, since my friend has been super excited to buy a hobby grade RC i offered him to drive with me. So i brought my savage and the jato and let him take the jato around and right away he was very very trigger happy. I took the savage on the skate park trying to do some back flips and he figured he would try them too. and broke some things and bent some things, and I'm never letting him drive mine again.

MEDSLR022.jpg

MEDSLR018.jpg

MEDSLR019.jpg

I've actually never broken so many things with in one tank of gas.

Yeah, time to make him buy his own toys. I bet he didnt even chip in for gas LOL

lol nope, but i kinda made it sound like i was really low on gas and he said it can maybe chip in for gas but he still said * maybe i can just drive yours until i have some money to afford my own. and so thats not gonna happen.

I never let my buddys drive my rigs for THAT reason! :hehe: Unless of course they fork over some money as collateral. ;)

Well idk i didnt think he would be ballsy about it and be flooring it all over the place .... but i mean fortunately i had extra replacements for all the parts ... except the head -__-.

Unfortunately whenever anyone takes my controllers they tend to go all out. Only my father-in-law takes it slow, everyone else has gone wild on my stuff.....for about 2 minutes!

Thats why if I pass the controller over, I moniter their driving style and prepare myself to yank, and I mean yank the controller right out of their hands. Thats a damn shame but the bright side is, you can now go RPM arms and some new shocks. I just wish they made a cooling head that wasn't blue for the 3.3....

----
When I was done dumping all my money into my crawler, I let a buddy of mine try it out, and he was pretty drunk, right off the bat he went WOT and was just crashing into EVERYTHING, I pulled the TX from his hands and damn near got into a fist fight with him about it. I kind of wanted to fight him so I could see what an RC can do as a melee weapon haha.

I share all the time! As I hand the controller over I ALWAYS look em straight in the eyes-"You break it you buy it" and I wont let go until I get a response. Especially for noobs cause they have no clue how much $ we have into our trucks. If someone offers me to drive thier car - No thanks I'm all set. I dont want to be responsible in breaking it. Feel for you. Did he at least offer to replace the spares you used to fix it?

I just wish they made a cooling head that wasn't blue for the 3.3....

You could always strip the anodizing off the cooling head. It would probably be gun metal grey since you can't really get in between the fins to polish it. Never actually done that to a cooling head before but I dont see where it would be any different than stripping anodizing off of anything else. Dont think it would hurt its cooling abilities but again never actually done it. Anyone else ever done that too a cooling head?

Thats why if I pass the controller over, I moniter their driving style and prepare myself to yank, and I mean yank the controller right out of their hands. Thats a damn shame but the bright side is, you can now go RPM arms and some new shocks. I just wish they made a cooling head that wasn't blue for the 3.3....

----
When I was done dumping all my money into my crawler, I let a buddy of mine try it out, and he was pretty drunk, right off the bat he went WOT and was just crashing into EVERYTHING, I pulled the TX from his hands and damn near got into a fist fight with him about it. I kind of wanted to fight him so I could see what an RC can do as a melee weapon haha.

Well fortunately i had extra arms and those shocks were like the best suspension upgrade ever for that thing so i dont think i wanna upgrade them. they absorb everything so nicely and actually keep the truck stable in mid air.. actually helped with the whole rear end dropping. So i just heated the threads up and bent it back and everything is back to normal now.

But yeah if you ever get suspension for your jato.. those same shocks are a great choice. they seriously make your truck handle beautifully, only thing they really need is some thicker shock oil and even better.

But yeah the truck right now is up and running fine but lately since I'm short on money and my PS3 broke.. I'm actually considering trading it for a ps3.

Last edited:
The normal response to "hey I want drive it!" should be "and Eskimos in hell want ice water to"! :)

I only made that mistake once, it ended at WOT into a tree.
He then had the nerve to tell me "at least it's just a cheap toy".
My response was at least you used to have a nice 4wheeler as I'm selling it to pay for my "toy".
Should have seen the look on his face when he found out what it was going to cost him in parts to fix my truck.

That sucks dude. I've only had an experience like that once when I let my brother drive my car. He fouled the glow plug because he kept revving the throttle like it was a quad or something. Learned my lesson and got of easy.

The normal response to "hey I want drive it!" should be "and Eskimos in hell want ice water to"! :)

I only made that mistake once, it ended at WOT into a tree.
He then had the nerve to tell me "at least it's just a cheap toy".
My response was at least you used to have a nice 4wheeler as I'm selling it to pay for my "toy".
Should have seen the look on his face when he found out what it was going to cost him in parts to fix my truck.

Its weird too because all of the years I've owned hobby grades i never let any one drive them.

And i figured "well.. maybe hell drive alright" in some cases he did, he was pulling off some nice jumps and landing perfect. but the problem was he has the typical beginner issue where he doesn't look ahead where hes going so sometimes he would be coming up to a jump and end up not really looking around much and would just fly off the side and land into like the face of another ramp. but yeah that was the last day ill ever let anyone drive my rc.. i learned my lesson lol

That sucks dude. I've only had an experience like that once when I let my brother drive my car. He fouled the glow plug because he kept revving the throttle like it was a quad or something. Learned my lesson and got of easy.

Man that would really suck going through plugs, I'm not letting him drive it again.. he told me hes gonna get one for him self so i was like YAY