Sacramento/folsom bashing areas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slayerdriver04

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, so I just got a new traxxas nitro slayer pro 4x4, and apparently all the offroad tracks in the Sacramento area are electric only. Is there anyone on here from the Sacramento or folsom area that knows if good places to go off road bashing?

Try Prairie City OHV park. They have a lot of open areas to drive on. Also, the kids MX track doesn't get used much, so you can usually drive it there. If you go to the far northeast corner, you will have a blast over there. All kinds of jumps and berms.

Try Prairie City OHV park. They have a lot of open areas to drive on. Also, the kids MX track doesn't get used much, so you can usually drive it there. If you go to the far northeast corner, you will have a blast over there. All kinds of jumps and berms.
Sounds like fun, but I've seen mixed reviews about weather or not rc cars are allowed there. Have you gone there yourself for just rc bashing?

I haven't, but I have seen others. They don't care as long as your off the track with others are on it. In the fields, they don't care. There's a lot of room. It's just the tracks that they are concerned about.

I live in the greater Sac area too. On my home from the bay, I stopped in at Lagoon Valley RC and it was a blast. Bit of a drive for a day of fun. There is a bmx park in my town of Rio Linda. I am thinking of trying that out for closer fun. Post on here what you find if you could.

It's a bit of a drive, but there are some spots along Cache Creek near the town of Esparto that are popular for ATVs. Esparto is about 15 minutes west of Woodland on Highway 16. One of the popular spots is about a mile north of I-505 and Highway 16. Not sure if it's public use, or guys just go through and around fences. I'll update if I'm able to find out as I don't advocate trespassing.

You call whomever patrol A park and ask get a name if Oked.

I want to get together get some beers cold cuts +some apex Bashing happenings in the 95843 area, Who's With Me????.....

I am with the Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District and we are exploring ideas on what to do with some undeveloped land. One of the ideas we are exploring is an outdoor RC racetrack. We are not experts in the hobby/sport and were hoping to form a group of interested RC enthusiasts to assist us in exploring the idea further. If you are interested in chatting about this let me know.

@Slayerdriver04 if you don't have Google Earth downloaded then I highly recommend it and then you can check out your area via satellite.
The wife and I use it for camping areas that are good for crawling.

I am with the Fair Oaks Recreation & Park District and we are exploring ideas on what to do with some undeveloped land. One of the ideas we are exploring is an outdoor RC racetrack. We are not experts in the hobby/sport and were hoping to form a group of interested RC enthusiasts to assist us in exploring the idea further. If you are interested in chatting about this let me know.
That is very cool. More park departments should consider adding features like this to their parks.

I wish I was able bodied and lived in the area. I'd grab a shovel and come and help. Start a thread on it with all the info and I am betting a lot of folks here would be happy to give you ideas on it. We have two very nice tracks here with a rock crawler addition in the works that were built on a piece of property a bunch of local RC racers bought. So getting local folks to help shouldn't be a problem at all.

Here for more info, if there is any. I'm local

Back