rustler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tytmax

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hi, I'm trying to decide between a nitro rustler, or the rustler vxl, i want long run times and have a few 5000mah 6 cell batteries, i was wondering how long of run times i can expect? also do brushless motors have longer run times than brushed?

Brushless motors have longer run times than brushed. It's hard to tell how long of a run time those batteries will yield. Everybody drives different. I'd go with the vxl for the mere fact that it will out perform the nitro version. Other advantages are less maintenance, no rebuilds or tuning of a fussy engine, and less field equipment. Electrics are just plain easier.

The Rustler VXL might be a bit more expensive at first but it will even out in the long run. There is less maintenance, no need to buy expensive nitro fuel and no tuning of fussy nitro engines as Metalhead Matt said. The brushless are every bit as fast as the nitro. Run times with a good capacity battery (3200 mAh or better) will typically give you a run time equaling or exceeding the nitro.