Rustler 4x4 front arm ?

• Thread starter Pensacola_RC_Guy
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pensacola_RC_Guy

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I was installing new shocks on my rustler 4x4 and just when I thought I was done, I discovered one of my front arms was broken. Before I replace it with a stock one, are there better, more durable aftermarket options? I've read that these arms keep doing this even with less than aggressive driving.

17098708441981942457585526964069.jpg

+1

Also, NEVER get aluminum arms as they will bend and stay bent while with plastic they bend then go back.
That's what I've been reading. Also that is you go aluminum, the shock gets transferred to the plastic and causes breaks easier

Got some on the way. You and 5 other people all said rpm so that tells me something

RPM (not a fan, too bendy and soft) or Traxxas HD if available (I preferred those on my Slash).

I’ve never had a problem with the rustler arms as long as I don’t hit something. Then, it just breaks where the shock screws in.

It doesn’t happen from Kevin Talbots like bashing either. It happens when you are hauling freight in grass and hit something hard. Like a sawed off tree stump. It’s missed the bumper but the arm doesn’t clear due to ground clearance.

I’ve never had a problem with the rustler arms as long as I don’t hit something. Then, it just breaks where the shock screws in.

It doesn’t happen from Kevin Talbots like bashing either. It happens when you are hauling freight in grass and hit something hard. Like a sawed off tree stump. It’s missed the bumper but the arm doesn’t clear due to ground clearance.
Honestly what I think happened is, my son was driving it out in the street, the shock cap came off which made that corner of the car sag, then he tries to turn sharp or jump the curb and smacked the control arm. I don't know for sure but that seems to make sense.

For me, when the arms break, it’s never been where the shock screws in. It’s always been at the hinge pin holes or the knuckle screw holes.

The three I’ve broken in the last year have all broken where the shock screws to the bottom arm. But, I bottomed out jumping a landscaping tie, hit my Xmaxx my brother was driving head on. Both wot. And the third was a cut off stump the the arm caught. I’m good at hitting stuff. lol

For me, when the arms break, it’s never been where the shock screws in. It’s always been at the hinge pin holes or the knuckle screw holes.
Looking at the picture I took, I think that's exactly where mine broke

Back