rtr boat for $40ish?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
What is there? Worth a crap?

I don't know about $40 but the little Pro-Boat mini's are kinda cool. They run like $100. I have two. Well actualy Chase has one and the other one I was going to convert to brushless but never got around to. Another lost project of mine...

Pretty fun in stock form? Just have a small pond to run one on. Was thinking about getting my dad one.

I wouldn't say "fun". Sort of a novelty in stock form unless you're running a couple of them. That's why I wanted to convert mine. I have nearly all the equipment just never put it all together. I should sell it honestly. Now that I'm racing I really don't have enough time to fiddle around with basher projects.

Sent from my DROIDX

Yes

Wal-mart has plenty of $40 RTR boats. Go pick one out.

Guess I should have expected an answer like that lol, shame on me.

Hey SNG, check out the Reef Racer 2. It's just a bit more money at about $70, but I think it being hobby grade, and capsize proof makes it worth it. No need to ever swim for it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxXf_-l-JMI"]YouTube - ‪AquaCraft Reef Racer 2 RTR EP Vee‬‏[/ame]

Ahh there we go. I like those...

TOYS R US :whhooo:

Don't waste your money as that's exactly what you'd do. The life on them isn't long at all and when something does and will happen you might as well toss it in the trash. The more hobby quality boats like those from ProBoat or Aquacraft will go twice the speed plus you can get parts within a couple of days when you might need them.
Radio Shack and the other department store boats will blaze along at around 3 MPH while spending about double the money will get you in the 12-15 MPH range and will take a beating.

Thanks Ron. Thats what I was wondering, if their just like any other rc catagory, you get what you pay for.

Radio Shack for instance tried using a Feet Per Minute formula to show the speed of their boats trying to be slick but anyone with basic math skills figure out how slow they are. Department store boats can last only from minutes to hours before they're shot so that's why you're better off saving your money up until you can buy something better. There's just a lot of junk out on the market in RC no matter what you're looking at. I wouldn't touch most Asian-make boats that are unloaded on eBay but there are a few decent ones. It's buyer beware on there as the warranties and return policies must be read carefully.