RRP gears and FOC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaos2767

RCTalk Talkaholic
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys, thought I was putting my truck on a diet by getting rid of the stuff that goes with putting in a FOC but the trans is at least twice as heavy now. Anyways, having an issue with one of the pins, it wont fit in the second gear. It slides thru but hole is too small to thread. Does anyone have this gear set? Is their a special size pin to go thru the shaft? The 1st pin fit on the shaft with the slipper clutch on it but not the main shaft!

Alright, I believe I have to use the pin/clip combo from the 3.3 trans because mine is the older trans with the set screw.

If it's the same as Traxxas's FOC then yes you use the clip or at least that's what I used. The older Revo trans had pins the newer style has a pin that goes throught it then the clip around it or that's how the Traxxas FOC works. I have never installed RRP gears in my Revo's yet so I'm not sure about them.

Got it all put back together so yes, if you do have the older style trans than you do have to use the pin and clip from the newer style trans. Trans feels solid now just turning it by hand.:D

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Back