Roll Cage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that looks tough! But i bet it does a great job of protecting the engine. I busted my Picco Max twice by landing on it without an engine guard. Finally learned my lesson.

ya ..it is solid ...took a bit of tweaking ...i actually bent the chassis where the engine is ...that why i added the plate under it ...now it can land on its lid right on the pavement and nothing moves ... :D

Last edited:
That's cool. All my bad landings were on pavement - boy they can be rough. And since I'll be landing upside-down on pavement many more times, i figured i'll be prepared for the inevitable.

You might want to try putting a hunk of rubber hose on the top of the roll bar. Will give it a bit of cushion to absorb some of the impact so your chassis doesn't have to. Silicone hose is better as it's a bit softer, but something besides just metal on concrete would help absorb the hits.

If my new era one ever fails me... I'll have to get your measurements Macguyver!

You might want to try putting a hunk of rubber hose on the top of the roll bar. Will give it a bit of cushion to absorb some of the impact so your chassis doesn't have to. Silicone hose is better as it's a bit softer, but something besides just metal on concrete would help absorb the hits.

If my new era one ever fails me... I'll have to get your measurements Macguyver!

i have thought about the rubber hose ...but if i put it , my cab will sit higher ...but ill have to check that out a bit more ......so far , it seems to hold good with my brace under it ....

any time you need more details on it . just ask ;)

I use this from engine roll cage Integy: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYGZ5&P=FR

Its not overly bulky, very strong and completely protects the head of my Picco Red Dot.
However, its got Integy craftsmanship, so you'll have to grind a little off the rear mounting bracket to clear the left, rear rocker and shave even more if you run a rear sway bar (but it only took a minute or two to grind down).

I zip tie the fuel lines to it. Its a great carrying handle for the Revo and the price is right. One of the better investments i made.

You will also need to cut the body for the rear post. I'll post a pic later.

pics? thanks..

so I'm thinking of just making my own, something that goes around the exhaust cuz thats the main thing i keep bending.... using some thick coat hanger wire and welding it together. not sure if ill just attach it to the factory roll bar or replace that too. but ill screw it in just under the exhaust where the rear bar bolts on. seems easier to just attach it tbh :p just made this up in 2min... will try and improve and get back with new pics.

fea8f715.jpg

6df8d280.jpg

75963934.jpg

f71b04e0.jpg

revised drawing...
b3b86156.jpg

so far i think it will be very light, possibly except for the main roll bar, but i may try and use think alloy instead of steel as I'm not welding the steel bars to it.

hrmmm, does it protect the exhaust at all if u clip it on the corner? thats my main problem.... plus I'm sick of scratching the crap out of my head.

---------- Post added at 6:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 6:52 AM ----------

plan is with mine that the motor can come out without taking that mount off. **plan** :p