Roll Cage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hocterp

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a Revo 3.3, did some bashing ang breaking today and was thinking about getting a roll cage. Any suggestions. Thanks.

A good roll bar and wing kit does wonders. I run the new era 3 point roll bar and traxxas wing mount with an off the shelf wing (OFNA I think). When on it's roof, the contact point between the roll bar and wing gives enough of a gap to keep the engine from making contact with the ground.

I'm running a big block kit though and I raised the roll bar about 1/2" with spacers since the BB is taller than a SB.

So does anyone know if there is a roll cage for a slayer? I can't seem to find any online and I was wondering if any of you guys had seen one

The Slayer uses the Revo 3.3 chassis. Just try one for the Revo.

Well, I'm also looking for one that the body will fit over. I'm told roll cages take place of the body, but maybe with a little modding a body will fit over one? I think the only one I've seen that this may work on is the Hard Bodyz one for the 2.5

Mine is the 2.5 length also. The slayer pro has the extended chassis

I'm pretty sure most cages are designed to go under the body. They actually work better with a body covering them. When you land on your roof, the truck will slide on the lexan vs digging into the ground with the cage.

RC Solutions also makes a roll cage for the Revo 2.5 chassis, also. It's just a different part number.

I use this from engine roll cage Integy: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYGZ5&P=FR

Its not overly bulky, very strong and completely protects the head of my Picco Red Dot.
However, its got Integy craftsmanship, so you'll have to grind a little off the rear mounting bracket to clear the left, rear rocker and shave even more if you run a rear sway bar (but it only took a minute or two to grind down).

I zip tie the fuel lines to it. Its a great carrying handle for the Revo and the price is right. One of the better investments i made.

You will also need to cut the body for the rear post. I'll post a pic later.

If it says Integy, avoid it like the plague. There are few parts that they make that perform as well as the stock parts that they are supposed to replace. They have poor quality control and use inferior quality materials. If you feel like throwing away money on junk, just flush it down the toilet.

If I've learned nothing from this site, I have definitely learned to avoid Integy anything

Thanks for all of your input... I think I'm going to go with the ERA rollcage... I send a pic after I recieve it and get it installed.

Another reason I was leaning twords the hard Bodyz one is because it looks like it has more of a pick up style as opposed to an SUV style

Sorry for hijacking the thread hocterp...

This engine cage is the only Integy item i bought/would buy. Unless you have one in your possession, then you don't know what you're talking about. This item is a fluke - it actually is a good item (with the caveat mentioned earlier). Don't simply repeat what others have said.

I've been on this forum for over a year, and that's all that I've heard, and not just in the revo forum. It seems the general opinion not to get it. I do thank you for your input

I've been on this forum for over a year, and that's all that I've heard, and not just in the revo forum. It seems the general opinion not to get it. I do thank you for your input

Those claims are generally correct. Like i said, the craftsmanship even on something as low-tech as an engine guard is lousy. But with a little mod, it fit great. And its just a piece of steel (pos- haha). The main reason i like it is because it perfectly protects my engine - and i didn't want a full roll cage for this purpose. Here is a pic of how it fits. Plus $25 shipped was sweet.

revo-integy-roll-cage.jpg

Last edited:
i have a homemade roll hoop that fully protects my engine ...made of steel ...might be a bit heavy ..but its for a Big Block ...and it also reinforces my chassis at the same time :D

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

i have a homemade roll hoop that fully protects my engine ...made of steel ...might be a bit heavy ..but its for a Big Block ...and it also reinforces my chassis at the same time :D

Man that looks tough! But i bet it does a great job of protecting the engine. I busted my Picco Max twice by landing on it without an engine guard. Finally learned my lesson.

Last edited: