Revolectrix new HV Lipos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Revolectrix now has high voltage lipos out that can be charged up to 4.27V per cell and the cell pro and powerlabs chargers can charge up to 4.3V/C. Looks really cool. I didnt know they even had lipos. I was looking around at theyre regular lipos and they seem like they are pretty reasonably priced but Revolectrix is known for making high quality stuff so I think the next time I need to buy a lipo (which admittedly probably wont be for quite some time) I'm gonna try theirs!

"Currently Cellpro PowerLab Battery Workstation standard LiPo presets can be customized to charge to a maximum of 4.30V per cell. We strongly recommend generating custom presets with unique names so that you don't risk over-charging your standard LiPo's! Official support for the new LiHV chemistry as well as new presets are in the works to take full advantage of the new BLEND427 and future BLEND435 variants. Keep an eye out for forthcoming firmware and CCS updates for the various Cellpro models! "

Click the pic below to check out their LiPos.

Revolectrix HV LiPo.jpg

These sound interesting, I'd have to get a cellpro battery workstation to take full advantage of them though, which is ok, I don't mind, I do need a new charger...

Revolectrix makes probably the best chargers around IMO. IDK about their lipos, Id like to try them though :)

I had a little read on some the revolectrix battery work stations, and I have to say, I like that they have fully customizable settings, and if they put as much thought into their lipos, as their battery stations then I'd like to give them a try also. My only issue is that, it pushes back the Rx/Tx purchase since the system I want exceeds what I intended on spending.

I have a revolectrix powerlabs 6 and its my favorite charger out of the 3 I own :)

What about balance boards, do they all have the same connector that plugs into the charger, or do I have to find a very particular type?

I have these ones: ElectriFly® and FlightPower®/Thunder Power balancing boards
The lipos I'm looking into require a JST/XH balance board.

Id have to look when I get home. I dont remember off the top of my head

Thanks Greywolf74, but I think I've found what I needed to know: the connectors that plug the balance boards into the charge can be different, but some cases companies use the same connector, so a person may or may not luck out, by doing further research. What I've notice it that a lot of the bigger manufactures use the same if not similar battery balance connectors.

I couldn't stand not being able to run the MERV all summer for lack of a charger, so I borrowed an onyx 245 from a friend who says he hadn't used it in a long time. So I didn't take the battery workstation plunge this time around, but I did notice that the the balance boards that came with my old onyx 235 charger, and my buddy's 245 have the JST-XH connectors or rather ElectriFly connector that some revolectrix lipos use. So I think I'll give these a go: http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pr...-Diamond-Label-GP-KO-JST-XH-Balance-Connector

I found this if it helps anyone: http://www.tjinguytech.com/charging-how-tos/balance-connectors

Last edited:
I think I misundertood your original question. I thought you were asking what type of connector was on the balance board that plugged into the charger. If you're talking about the ones that are on the balance board itself then yeah you can buy different balance boards from revolectrix that have whatever type of connector you want. I have the JST-XH but I believe they also have the thunder power ones also. maybe even a third type, I dont recall without looking it up.

Back