Revo is back to stalling when brakes are hit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc kid

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a Revo 3.3 and it’s running good except when brakes are hit the car immediately stalls I even set all needles back to factory and it still does it .
The picture below is the furthest it can go in without stalling.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 108
that’s a pic of when brakes are fully applied
And also thx for taking the time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 34
That gap is way too big for full brake application. This means that you are too rich on your needles.
Make sure you throttle linkage is absolutely spot on, if its off, the whole tuning process is useless.
When full brakes make sure its 1mm, and does not close or open even the tiniest bit when you do this, or return back to neutral.
Then set both of your needles to factory, start the car and apply a bit off throttle on the trigger with you finger until it starts.
Warm it up, and start leaning the HSN until you are happy with it, keep leaning until the car stays running for at least 5 seconds after you let go of apply brakes.

Ok I’ll go try that right now, and thank you very much for taking the to write that I really appreciate it.

Your clutch may be hanging up as well, or the bell bearings are dry/shot causing drag. Even with a good tune, if the clutch spring is broken or bearings are dead, it will still stall when you stop the truck.