revo exhaust options

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenman242

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i have finally finished my revo build and I'm sitting here having second thoughts about the exhaust,i'm currently run a picco .26 reddot and at the moment i have a ths 1046 system on it.Now,i have been soon freaking busy i have yet to fire her up since the last round of mods but i'm wanting peoples opinions on a good setup that wont break the bank and i would like to keep the rear setup if possible
also if i were to change to a side mount what parts do i need for a sweet setup,e.g pipe,manifold and bb adaptor
all input is appreciated:)

The ths pipe is already installed
I was looking at the dynamite 1/8 setup for a side mount but I dont like the way the pipe angles out cause of the bend in the header and will also need one of those bb header adaptors if I can find one that will ship to aus I might head down this path in the next month or 2

Trinity used to make a nice pipe. It comes with a big block or small block head pipe. I have one getting ready to install on my .21 omega picco revo truck. I had it on the 2.5 that was on it dang thing was an anaimal on that pipe. The 2.5 crapped out shortly after i installed the pipe but it had like 5 or 6 gallons of fuel through it though. I would think a red dot with that pipe would prob be insane. Plus it is a rear exit pipe.

+1. I run the Trinity pipe on my Picco .26 Maxx and it's a real beast.

I got old mate off this forum to ship me an adaptor to Queensland. Around seventeen dollars landed.

Hey racer, whats the damage on one of your adapters and is it just the adaptor or is it like the kit I saw on ebay

I have the THS torque SB pipe and the THS BB pipe. My wife got them both for me for Christmas. I like running the 3.3 due to fuel consumption which made me really enjoy the rear pipe again, but the power of the 3.3 is a hair weak on the low end. I'm really hoping the THS turque pipe perks it up a bit. I have the BB pipe for warmer months when I want to run my LRP.

I have tried the trinity, fantom, DC resonator, SC resonator (stinger drilled out) and stock pipes. The trinity is ok for small blocks, but really chokes the life out of big blocks. I never ran it with the stinger insert and have in fact lost it. The power it puts out is nice with the 3.3, but I can't stand the noise it makes. So I ran the SC resonator instead which had less power output overall, but at least was quieter.

I'm hoping the THS torque pipe gives me a bit more power than the SC pipe or I"ll be annoyed I asked for it. I like running the 3.3 earlier and later in the seasons since it's a cheaper engine than my LRP's and less stressful on the plastic parts when they are cold.

Would you happen to know which is the small block pipe I have the 1086 on mine atm

hmm hopefully i can get a wee bit of runtime on this weekend and see how this exhaust performs,i think if its no good ill upgrade to a side mount and sell this one

Yes ERCM has the rear mount small block pipe..
I have one with a big block stinger put on it...
I'm running a picco .28 in my slayerpro.
Testing the pipe this spring will have some vids and feedback then..

i was thinking ercm pipe,maybe down the track

update time
i have finally had a chance to get this bad boy out for a run,these piccos certainly have some grunt but now i think it the exhaust cause some tuning issues,while its getting better every time i take her out i am noticing a small amount of fuel around the carb slide boot.i'm sure i read somewhere on here that a small leak is causd by excessive back pressure from the exhaust,is that correct to assume
for the time being i will perservere with the exhaust thats on it now (ths sb setup),i do however have parts on order to replace that with a dynamite 1/8 086 setup,for now that seems the most cost effective solution given that i got that for $50 shipped and also got a bb adaptor ordered with racer1966.so fingers crossed that will finally make this thing live up to my expections

My personal suggestion is ercm or buku exhaust systems have had good experiences with both.

Back