Revo 3.3 won’t move

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroBen

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a revo 3.3 I just put a brand new motor on and it won’t move my transmission and slipper clutch appear to be fine so I’m thinking I messed up the flywheel part does anyone have any tests I can do to figure this out ?

I have a revo 3.3 I just put a brand new motor on and it won’t move my transmission and slipper clutch appear to be fine so I’m thinking I messed up the flywheel part does anyone have any tests I can do to figure this out ?

Well ,the flywheel is tightened on a part called a collet or a corn ,if it is messed up or worn ,it is possible
that it had tighten onto the crankshaft to where it wont rotate!

Well ,the flywheel is tightened on a part called a collet or a corn ,if it is messed up or worn ,it is possible
that it had tighten onto the crankshaft to where it wont rotate!

The fly wheel is rotating when the car is on so I don’t think it’s too tight

The fly wheel is rotating when the car is on so I don’t think it’s too tight

There is a couple of things that can hinder the car from moving!

1. the wheel hexes could be too tight up against the hubs.
2. the brakes are still engaged when the radio gear is on.
3. one of the diffs is backwards.

With the engine out ,you should be able to move your ride freely by hand when you push it!

Ok cbaker was trying to tell you The clutch bell has to be tight against the acorn .. I've has a few back in the days wear out the bell I had to shim it out so bell would be against it..

Are you able to rev the engine with no results? If it's not a clutch issue it could be as simple as a broken or missing pin somewhere in the drive line. Rotate the slipper clutch by hand and see if the entire drive line turns as it should.

Are you able to rev the engine with no results? If it's not a clutch issue it could be as simple as a broken or missing pin somewhere in the drive line. Rotate the slipper clutch by hand and see if the entire drive line turns as it should.

i can rev the car just doesn’t move and when I rotate the slipper clutch It doesn’t move the drive line

i can rev the car just doesn’t move and when I rotate the slipper clutch It doesn’t move the drive line

I've never had a Revo or been into a revo trans. ,however ,if it has reverse ,sometimes the trans. shift would be caught
in between ,causing the trans to be in a neutral state!

That is what the Mgt's reverse does if the shift fork is out of whack!

when I rotate the slipper clutch It doesn’t move the drive line
So now you know it's not an issue in the centrifugal clutch. See if the OUTPUT shaft of the trans turns when you turn the slipper. Make sure you turn it in the direction it would turn if it were running.
First, try @cbaker65's suggestion and make sure it's locked into gear. You can add a little effort to the shift linkage to make sure it's shifting properly. If it doesn't turn the output of the trans in either position you'll have to open the trans to find the issue. If the output DOES turn, then start looking at the pins starting from that point.

Hello I bet the transmission is bad take the transmission out and put a cordless drill on it and see if the output side turns if it doesn't turn the transmission is bad I know this because mine started jumping in and out of gear untill it didn't move the truck everything else was ok including the clutch and spur gear and flywheel mine was 2 Spee and reverse I hope this helps