Revo 3.3 Engine upgrade, which engine mount?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm using a 15T bell I think. That truck has slayer output gears in it, which are plastic, but geared higher than a revo... guessing whatever stock gearing is, you will be able to pull at least 2+ in the bell over stock with a big block.

I'm using alloy shoes as the composite ones slipped a lot with how it's geared. They would be fine for about a tank, then they would heat up and slip. Something like these would probably work better for you:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing...-7075-3-Shoe-Clutch-Set-HSAV1213/382651798877

7075 is hard aluminum. It won't grab as hard, which will help your drive train, but it will wear longer.

You need a proper flywheel nut too. That set of shoes comes with one. The 3.3/2.5 use a traxxas specific one.

The last time I ran it.

I'm using a 15T bell I think. That truck has slayer output gears in it, which are plastic, but geared higher than a revo... guessing whatever stock gearing is, you will be able to pull at least 2+ in the bell over stock with a big block.

I'm using alloy shoes as the composite ones slipped a lot with how it's geared. They would be fine for about a tank, then they would heat up and slip. Something like these would probably work better for you:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing...-7075-3-Shoe-Clutch-Set-HSAV1213/382651798877

7075 is hard aluminum. It won't grab as hard, which will help your drive train, but it will wear longer.

You need a proper flywheel nut too. That set of shoes comes with one. The 3.3/2.5 use a traxxas specific one.

The last time I ran it.
If i remember correctly the standard bell on the revo is 15 T. With the old engine (OFNA JL .28) the top speed was good enough, and was low end was good enough.
Is this the same or equivalent as the one you linked on ebay?
What flywheel nut are you using?
Do you have a picture of your crank case on your BB revo? Because have noticed that might be a gap between the hex screw and the clutch bell.

I'd start where you left off with the JL and go from there for gearing.

I don't know if that HPI set of shoes is 6061 or 7075.

I don't know what nut I'm using. Whatever I had laying around at the time.

There was a gap. I filled it in with shims. I had to grind down the collet a bit to push the flywheel almost as close to the engine as I could. I only moved the transmission 1/4" or so forward and I needed the CB to be closer to the engine so the face of it didn't rub the spur after installing the 1/8th stuff. I also ground the bell down a bit. The teeth were hitting the slipper pads with the spur I was using. May have been an earlier spur, can't recall.
2019-0120-RevoBB-ThrottleLinkage.jpg

Back