Revo 3.3 brushless conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok so:
chassis 2.0
2.0 trans
2.0 diffs
2.0 center shafts

hope these are all correct

almost as much as a new one, but will have better ESC and motor
Try and get your parts through Jennys RC. A lot of the EREVO stuff is out of stock at the moment but if you sign up for in stock notifications she'll probably have more parts in stock in the next couple of weeks. Youll have to wait but shes probably gonna be a lot cheaper. Her price on the tranny is half what you're looking at.

Try and get your parts through Jennys RC. A lot of the EREVO stuff is out of stock at the moment but if you sign up for in stock notifications she'll probably have more parts in stock in the next couple of weeks. Youll have to wait but shes probably gonna be a lot cheaper. Her price on the tranny is half what you're looking at.
ok thanks, i was trying to buy from my local shop to support them, but yeah might have to shop around
looks like jennys rc has everything i need just need to wait for it to come back in stock and they are located in NJ so should be quick shipping to me in NY

Last edited:
If you can't find a single speed conversion kit to buy then youll need to looking at that mod for sure. One thing that worries me though. All the FOC and single speed conversion I just looked at are all plastic gears. I'm 98% sure that plastic transmission gears are not going to hold up to 1/8 scale brushless power. I would look at trying to just do a complete transmission swap with the E-Revo or maybe the Maxx/T-Maxx 3.3.

@StonerRC365 What do you think?
A main hobbies has a single speed conversion kit for the revo 3.3. They also have the Forward only kit as well. Amainhobbies.com. I just bought it yesterday. You're going to want to switch your spur gear to a metal one if you're using the stock trans. The power will chew the plastic one right up. Chewed mine up in less than 5 minutes with the mamba monster x esc and castle 1515 2200 kv motor

A main hobbies has a single speed conversion kit for the revo 3.3. They also have the Forward only kit as well. Amainhobbies.com. I just bought it yesterday. You're going to want to switch your spur gear to a metal one if you're using the stock trans. The power will chew the plastic one right up. Chewed mine up in less than 5 minutes with the mamba monster x esc and castle 1515 2200 kv motor
If your spur gear got chewed up them you have something wrong in your driveline. I ran a 1515 in a 100+MPH Rustler and my LST2 electric conversion which weighs around 13.5lbs and never had to use a metal spur. Your spur is supposed to be plastic so you have a cheap and easy point of failure in the event that you have issues with the driveline. Theres plenty of RCs out there running 6S and 8S power with plastic spurs.

What do you think the problem would be with the driveline then?

My guess would be you have excessive drag in the transmission and/or drive line somewhere. No way to be sure with out tearing it all down and inspecting all the gears and bearings. The only times I've ever had spur gears eaten up is when I had bearings that were locked up or not spinning freely causing drag or had broken/worn out gears. That being said there could be something unique with the JATO tranny coupled with the fact you're running a ridiculously overpowered 6S 1/8 scale motor on a lightweight 2WD 1/10 scale ST but I've never experienced that happening with any other 6S 1/8th scale kits I've ever owned or the 100+MPH Rustler without there being wrong in the driveline.

I'm not running a jato tranny. It's a revo 3.3 transmission locked into single speed and reverse eliminated on a 3.3 Nitro chassis converted to electric

I'm not running a jato tranny. It's a revo 3.3 transmission locked into single speed and reverse eliminated on a 3.3 Nitro chassis converted to electric
My bad, for some reason I was thinking this thread was about converting a JATO. I could see where you would need metal internal gears for the 3.3 REVO Tranny but you shouldnt need a metal spur.

Last edited:
I run a castle 2200kv on a MM2 ESC ON 4S. With a the Erevo 2.0 tranns and plastic 54T spur.. with out any sort of problem. Rc stock spur gear is a plastic spur. The mesh was off or the wrong pitch match mad it strip.. nothing else

What chassis are you running that the 2.0 trans will bolt onto?

What chassis are you running that the 2.0 trans will bolt onto?
Tmaxx 3.3
With a bracket made for the emaxx tranns that I bolted the tranns too. Then moded it had to cut some off. And grind the casing down some to fit in the cnc aluminum grooves

Oh ok, so it doesn't just bolt right up to it?? You have to do some mods to it to make it work it seems. I have a 90% complete T Maxx sitting in a tote with a bunch of other things. I actually cut another T Maxx chassis in pieces for my battery tray and motor mount on the Revo 3.3 chassis...🤦🏼‍♂️🤷‍♂️. I have a brand new Summit chassis I bought and found out that the 3.3 trans doesn't fit unfortunately. Everything else bolts on I'm pretty sure

Oh ok, so it doesn't just bolt right up to it?? You have to do some mods to it to make it work it seems. I have a 90% complete T Maxx sitting in a tote with a bunch of other things. I actually cut another T Maxx chassis in pieces for my battery tray and motor mount on the Revo 3.3 chassis...🤦🏼‍♂️🤷‍♂️. I have a brand new Summit chassis I bought and found out that the 3.3 trans doesn't fit unfortunately. Everything else bolts on I'm pretty sure
What ??? tmaxx what?? 2.5 , 3.3.. what bolts on to what bud?? I'm lost I pretty much told you how it had to be done.... and whatnyou needed.. ask all the questions you like I spent a good 6 month to a yr researching the conversion...

What ??? tmaxx what?? 2.5 , 3.3.. what bolts on to what bud?? I'm lost I pretty much told you how it had to be done.... and whatnyou needed.. ask all the questions you like I spent a good 6 month to a yr researching the conversion...
TMaxx 2.5

Sorry man that won't work either. You need the long chassis of the 3.3 Tmaxx. The 2.5 is a short chassis
Again best way for you is to get the Erevo 2.0 chassis. And bolt up your front arms and rear arms. Get the revo diffs, center shafts
, axles. Might need the knuckles and hub carriers. Not sure what the revo 3.3 axles are like... so might not need the hubs and knuckles...

Back