Revo 3.3 battery

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snollett

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey every one. Knew guy here.
This is my first ever traxxas revo 3.3.
The battery for the receiver is a 5 cell 1100 mah nimh 6v.
I was wondering If I could buy a higher mah nimh battery. My concern is with a higher mah also comes a higher voltage. Will that be ok or do I have to stick to a 6v.
Thanks and I'm sorry if this has been talked about. I did search it but couldn't find what I was wanting to know.

higher mah dont give higher voltage.(only cell # does) Id go lipo with a ubec to limit voltage . they can be programed or use jumpers for voltage.
Id suggest do some reading on how batteries work

Hey every one. Knew guy here.
This is my first ever traxxas revo 3.3.
The battery for the receiver is a 5 cell 1100 mah nimh 6v.
I was wondering If I could buy a higher mah nimh battery. My concern is with a higher mah also comes a higher voltage. Will that be ok or do I have to stick to a 6v.
Thanks and I'm sorry if this has been talked about. I did search it but couldn't find what I was wanting to know.
Welcome to RCT! You can use any mAh size. As TNT said it doesn't change the voltage.

Ok the battery I was looking at had more cells in it so the voltage was different. I'm sorry.
Is 6 v all the revo can have.

Ok the battery I was looking at had more cells in it so the voltage was different. I'm sorry.
Is 6 v all the revo can have.
About the highest mAh rating you're going to find is about 1600mAh or so like THIS pack. Youll see some that claim to be 2000mAh but in my experience they arent really 2000mAh. Now if you can find room for it you can use a 6V NiMH pack like THIS that made from Sub C sized battery cells instead of the typical 2/3A sized cells. Its a lot bigger pack but if you can fit it, it will get you 4200mAh.

I am really sorry, for hijacking threads, but it is a relevant question.... :)
Trying to find an answer, why all my receivers (fly sky and traxxas) have issues when I plug in a lipo into them.

Servos start twitching and not responding properly.
I thought that all receivers were able to take a 2S lipo?
Am I wrong here?

Thanks

in what reference are they rated for 2 cell lipo. 8+ volts i know of ZERO.JACKING IS FUN..lol

Last edited:
I am really sorry, for hijacking threads, but it is a relevant question.... :)
Trying to find an answer, why all my receivers (fly sky and traxxas) have issues when I plug in a lipo into them.

Servos start twitching and not responding properly.
I thought that all receivers were able to take a 2S lipo?
Am I wrong here?

Thanks
Here ya go
Screenshot_20221026-181731_Amazon Shopping.jpg

And for @tntpoof...
Screenshot_20221026-182450_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
it isn't the receiver its the servo what is it rated at max voltage?

it isn't the receiver its the servo what is it rated at max voltage?
Crap you are right, just assumed they would work, because receiver takes it.
The ones I have tries and twitch so far are Futaba s3004 and Traxxas 2075 and 2055

Crap you are right, just assumed they would work, because receiver takes it.
The ones I have tries and twitch so far are Futaba s3004 and Traxxas 2075 and 2055
Those are all 6V servos. You need a BEC like THIS in order to power your RX and servos. That will allow you to convert the 8.4V from the Lipo to 6V for the RX and servos.

Those are all 6V servos. You need a BEC like THIS in order to power your RX and servos. That will allow you to convert the 8.4V from the Lipo to 6V for the RX and servos.
Thanks

Never realized this before, now I know.
For now I will just stick with 4x Nimh, works well for me so far.

Thanks

Never realized this before, now I know.
For now I will just stick with 4x Nimh, works well for me so far.
Dont blame ya. If you ever change your mind though let me know and I can help you with wiring up a BEC. :)