REVO 3.3 5309 (Revs but No GO!)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol. u need to take the box out. turn the input shaft. put some pressure on the output shaft and see if its working. if you can't feel the pressure on the output then its something in there. if you clutch and slipper etc are all good. then move down the line. check the drive line. take the drive shafts off and check to see if there stripped on the inside. if the center shafts are fine and then ur 4 drive shafts are also fine then you'll need to check your diffs. but i doubt they will be your problem.

lol. u need to take the box out. turn the input shaft. put some pressure on the output shaft and see if its working. if you can't feel the pressure on the output then its something in there. if you clutch and slipper etc are all good. then move down the line. check the drive line. take the drive shafts off and check to see if there stripped on the inside. if the center shafts are fine and then ur 4 drive shafts are also fine then you'll need to check your diffs. but i doubt they will be your problem.

Cheers,
Been tinkering with it all day and I'm getting a bald patch on my head from all the scratching!!

Tried a little test.. I disconnected the drive shafts and started the thing up.. Gave it throttle and the Output shaft (#5369) didnt spin. So what ya reckon Back to the Tranny?
Also I thik I may have damaged/killed my Forward/Reverse servo.. Damn Me lol

If your shift servo is dead, it may not be fully engaging into gear (forward or reverse).

instead of replacing the servo, just push that rod in so that it shifts into a gear and start the motor.

instead of replacing the servo, just push that rod in so that it shifts into a gear and start the motor.

Yup did the manual shift.. still no rotation of the drive rod.

I may have to replace the entire Tranny as I can't see any signs of wear or missing pins.

For a 1 month old car and only use every second week it's so frustrating lol

The Transmission is easy to diagnose. Remove it, crack it open and with the gears and shaft installed in 1/2 of the housing you can spin the input shaft by hand to see where the problem is.

Sounds like it is the one way bearing on first gear.

did u take the pins out of the gears or just check their there? cuz if they snap in half or 3 pieces they might still be sitting in there.

did u take the pins out of the gears or just check their there? cuz if they snap in half or 3 pieces they might still be sitting in there.

REVO.. I think I may have found it.. When I was looking at the gears I could see one pin.. Then I I double checked it and I think I found it.. Will attach picture.

Regards to Pic Is this ment to be a pin (Arrow) where the C clam attaches over the top?

---------- Post added at 8:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:53 AM ----------

picture.php

Here is the part with I think the broken Pin

with those pins. take them out and check to see if there in-tacked. you should be able to spin the gear on the shaft if it has snapped. check all the gears in the box.

At what point does it stop turning when you are on the gas
Does the flywheel spin?
Does the CB spin?
Does the spur gear spin?
Do the out drives from the trans spin
Do in inputs on the diffs spin
Do the diff out drives spin.

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=688&pictureid=4280

If this Pic dosnt work.. Anyway it was a Pin like u kept telling me Revo..
Replaced that and had to replace the servo that controls Forward reverse.. Even the new one is playing up..
Also my car dosnt sound to good when I push it.. grinding noise and wheels lock.

My luck keeps on going on!

Spent three days on this car and still not 100%

Last edited:
lol, still no pic, and check the mesh between the clutch bell and spur is snug. u dont want it too tight and u dont want it to have a lot of play.

also check the teeth on the gears in the box. if some are chipped or what not cut them flat or place them if teeth are missing.

check bearings in clutch bell and might as well check the gear box ones while u have it apart. also try to narrow down the noise before you start checking everything, i know that is sometimes hard but get a rough idea where its coming from... eg no use taking a diff out if its a wheel bearing :p

Cheers, I dont no whats going on with the Picture..
Anyways I had it running but after replacing the servo #2065, it wont shift into reverse or forward.. I unplugged and switch it into forwards by hand.
Dont want to blow another servo as it seems that it wants to pull the lever more then its ment to go.
I got about 3meters and the car stopped and didnt repspond to steering or throttle.
These problems are frustrating as I fix one thing a completly different problem happens. I can't find anything on the web explaining this..
I'm giving up before I throw it out lol

If its making a clicking sound and locking up when you push it you have a pinion gear in the diff bad and ring gear too probably. Pick up the front and roll the back tires if it clicks or locks up its your rear diff. Do the opposite to check the front.

make sure ur batteries are charged every time u go out. and the shifting servo is crap, i had a new one that was stuffed out of the packed. i just put it in the bin. forward only conversion takes half of these problems away

Back