Returning to RC, thanks to my sons!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discreet-seat550

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I’m getting back into Rc after a long time away, things have certainly changed since my T-Maxx 2.5 in 2004. I have 2 sons that have brought about this re-entry to the hobby. I’ve had the good luck of finding an Xmaxx 8s slider and have several questions. Most pressing at present: what motors are compatible with the Vitavon motor mount? Is the ez run series of hobby wing motors compatible with the mount or just Castle? Any tips and info would greatly be appreciated!

Welcome to RCT!! Great to enjoy time with the kids!! 😎

Welcome back to the hobby and glad you could join us here. :) Don't have an answer to your question but hope someone can help you.

Welcome aboard!! There is a YouTube video of a guy running that mount and the HobbyWing 1100kv motor on the xmaxx. I'm not sure which particular motor your referencing though.

I’m getting back into Rc after a long time away, things have certainly changed since my T-Maxx 2.5 in 2004. I have 2 sons that have brought about this re-entry to the hobby. I’ve had the good luck of finding an Xmaxx 8s slider and have several questions. Most pressing at present: what motors are compatible with the Vitavon motor mount? Is the ez run series of hobby wing motors compatible with the mount or just Castle? Any tips and info would greatly be appreciated!
Welcome to RCT!

As long as the motor mounting holes are the correct spacing for the mount then it will work. For example, If you have a motor mount with 35mm mounting holes then as long as the motor also has 35mm mounting holes then it will work. Mounts arent brand dependent. As long as the mount and motor fit in the kit and the mounting spacing is the same then you're off to the races :)

Hello you can use most 1/5 motor and esc combos i would use this one with the 1100kv motor and radio and reciver wise go with somthing like this and for servo options use this stock one if your on a budjet if not most 1/5 servos will work

Traxxas does make a metal gear upgraded servo for the xmaxx that actually works pretty well but there are plenty of good aftermarket options out there.

Last edited:
I’ve been doing some research on a servo and I’m leaning toward this one:

Savox SW2290-SG Waterproof Premium Brushless Digital Servo​

Any suggestions otherwise? And thanks again

I’ve been doing some research on a servo and I’m leaning toward this one:

Savox SW2290-SG Waterproof Premium Brushless Digital Servo​

Any suggestions otherwise? And thanks again
Thats a beast of a servo. I have one also. You'll have to buy the traxxas adapter to hold a standard size servo though, just be aware. Id also use an external BEC to supply the servo with the full 8.4V

Go with Castle Mamba and 6s or 8s motor sensored or comparable Hobbywing. Go with Promodeler brushless servo such as this one. https://www.promodeler.com/caseSTUDY/X-MAXX-standard-servos Id actually just use the Traxxas radio with TQi receiver and install the bluetooth module so you can make adjustments on the fly with your phone. https://jennysrc.com has some nice parts.

Don’t buy mediocre parts or you might regret it later and end up paying more in the long run. Promodeler servos are arguably the best on the market and they are made in the USA and they are not the most expensive either.