Restoration Project #4 - HPI RS4 Evo 3 - Ford Mustang & Nissan 350Z

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unsure. I just noticed they had t and g. T3.0 is the rs4 engine for several years. The g3.0 was an offroad motor, but used in the rs4 3 drift. It had a larger carb, the torque was higher or lower, and rpm were different. I compare it to a v8 gas and v8 diesel.

I'm looking at g3.0 to go with my t15 and 15fe.

Can see a back plate difference between G and a T.

On all my 3 RS4's, they are T version.

Is it true that 15fe is a crap motor, I mean, single needle and hard to tune?
I have one sitting around, but piston and sleve are shot (piston can go right trough the sleeve), and was looking at possible getting a new set to get this engine going.

I have one sitting around, but piston and sleve are shot (piston can go right trough the sleeve), and was looking at possible getting a new set to get this engine going.
When I find the fe I will find out. I know the first version had the sqaure casted cooling head. The newer one had machined. A new pipe wakes it up, and any header that is not an HPI sqaure one will give better gains. I never ran it as it was low on comoression and I had trusted motors at the time.

They also had a G3.0 high output.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1339454382...82DiMqaWGkBp1AFVgM+M3be/r/hq|tkp:BFBMzofJk6Zg

I have an original RS4 3 rtr that came with the 15fe. By no means a race engine, but by replacing the carb with an os10e carb, and getting rid of that single needle carb, as well as switching the header and pipe, it was a really fun car for many years. I now have the T 3.0 in both my RS4s.

Back