resonater

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traxxas t-maxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So my little plastic muffler broke and I would like to get a resonater but, are they any louder then the plastic ones.

Yes, but not a lot. I have a jato 3.3 resonator (single chamber I think) on my jato with a 2.5. It is a bit louder, but not enough to be of much concern.

If you are concerned, get a silicone exhaust deflector. They take a lot of the sharpness out of the exhaust note, but don't really impede performance.

I can say that you will get much better performance out of your engine with the new pipe.

Okay thanks cause like I said my plastic one broke and I would like to upgrade.

definatly upgrade to resonator. i got mine for free from traxxas rebates, but their not doing it now.

Last edited:
The resonator for the Maxx is significantly louder than the stock plastic pipe, although it has a slightly lower exhaust note.

I have the dual chamber high-end tuned pipe.

Yea I love my reaonator pipe, its not too loud but its got a nasty tone to it! Also I have a question... are the holes on the resonator pipes that come with the 4908 smaller than the ones you buy? I watched a youtube video about some dude comparing 4908 to 4909 and he said the hole was smaller on the 4908 than the one he bought for his 4909. Does this make sense?