removing the brake pad on a rc10gt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkslayor24

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
stock RC10GT i dont know how to get to the brake pad anyone got a tutorial video something? thnx in advance

It's pretty straight forward. First you have to remove the spur gear and slipper assembly. To do that just take the small nut that's in the center of the spur gear off. There will be a series of springs and washers under it so be careful not to lose any, and lay them out in the right order so replacing them will be easier.
Then you can pull the spur gear off. Also, the slipper plates and slipper pad should come right off, too. Then you'll have to remove the silver bracket that holds the linkage and pad on. 2 screws on top. 2 screws underneath, I think. Once that's off, the brake pad and brake disc are accessible for changing.

ok, so i have to pull the engine out in order to give room for the pads to come out right? why do they make it so much hasle just to get to the brakes xD:first_place:

Back