Removing RC Body Scratches

• Thread starter Penguin Fart Racing
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin Fart Racing

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
  4. Boating
Car bodies are painted on the underside. Body shell exterior is "straight" plastic. When my RC body exteriors get scratched up as they "turn turtle and slide on tough pavement, I buff out the scratches with successively fine wet sand paper and emory cloth. Instead of wetting sand paper with water, I use concentrated dish soap. After the emory cloth, I use a patch of closed cell foam from a can coolie dripping with swirl and fine scratch eliminator for full-size cars.

I just keep mine plastic side up. 🤣 I wish!

Sand paper and plastic polish for the really nasty scratches. Most of the time I don't worry about it.
Thank you for your comment and for reading my Post.

I guess you are right about Battle Scar Scratches. Will have to consider this. I have found that the wet soap method does not work well on the bodies I've fabricated of cardboard and uncooked spaghetti. Will post one of these soon

I have a couple bodies with shelf scuffing that I will try this on. It's It's great tip so thank you for sharing. Most of the time I don't worry about bashing damage. I'd be forever polishing rather than running 🤣