removing carb on new os18tm???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Socomgod 420

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Got my new os today! I sealed the backplate, now I would like to seal the carb. I took the bolt off of the pinch screw but the carb wont budge. What should I do? I was going to tap it loose but I don't want to harm it.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Brian

Well if it wont come out then maby its already seald pretty good. I wouldnt mess with it if it wasn't comeing out.

Bryson

I think you actually have to remove the bolt completely to get the carb out.

Jetis correct. Having the bolt on can cause it to be misaligned when pulling on the carb. A new 18TM should not have the carb installed. It should be apart....if new in box.

mine was new in box from towers and it was installed..:\

hmmm.. don't know what to tell ya.

I understand that jet..just why the carb was on his and not mine....Oh well.

try pulling and turning it at the same time. Thats how i get mine out.
and wobble it around a bit

The carb on my 18TM was on, NIB as well. Maybe your's was off because you live in California and no doubt having it on during shipping has been known to cause cancer, Jon2!! :whack:

As to removing it, Jet's right, you have to pull the entire bolt out to pull the carb off. If it's still tight, hit it with a heat gun for a minute.

The carb on my 18TM was on, NIB as well. Maybe your's was off because you live in California and no doubt having it on during shipping has been known to cause cancer, Jon2!! :whack:

As to removing it, Jet's right, you have to pull the entire bolt out to pull the carb off. If it's still tight, hit it with a heat gun for a minute.

LMAO... I am cancer free!!!