Relocate On /off switch on Arrma Big Rock

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducnut1

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Has anyone relocated the on/off switch on the Arrma big rock?

I have personally not done this but after looking t pics.. it looks like it can be done.not sure how its connected to esc but if it plugs into esc it can be done.

I haven't on that particular RC. But have on a few. Can you move it sure. As long as you have the wire to do so 👍👍
You might need some double sided tape depending where you want to move it too

Last edited:
The only thing that hold it down is the one screw that goes into the cap of the receiver box also there isn't much wire to play with at least on mine.
Do you have a soldering iron and heat shrink?. And know how to solder?

Nope. 😆. But my switch is good where it is. Thats all you would need to fix the amount of wire though 👍. Well and some extra wire
Oh sh*t my bad bud.. realized what I did. 👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣

I have personally not done this but after looking t pics.. it looks like it can be done.not sure how its connected to esc but if it plugs into esc it can be done.
I’ll try for the heck of it. I have to learn some how 😂

Yes I moved mine on my Granite to the front dirt guard. Just made a small hole and screwed it in👍🏼I run the blx185 in it but same exact on off button
20210917_182833.jpg

It still helps thank you I appreciate it!

the thing is get a solder iron with enough watts to do the job along with a good solder that has flux.not sure what size wire your dealing with but a servo extension wire should work.. and 1 more thing is practice soldering. tin whatever you plan on soldering..

Oh sh*t my bad bud.. realized what I did. 👍👍🤣🤣🤣🤣
No worries. Thats usually me. 😆
and lots of dineros! lol
LOTS! Gotta buy it all🤤.
This is a hobby that pretty much requires a soldering iron, and heat shrink.
I do agree also. I'm real new still so cutting plugs or wires is still a bit out. I've braised and used loads of babbit and smelting etc. But never solder a wire ever. It'll be fun. I'm killing myself with just not having first hand exp seeing or using any other rc ever, no LHS or buddies in the hobby, that stupid little things are eating my lunch. Diffs can't get not to catch. Slipper housing a whole diff can of mad. Etc

the thing is get a solder iron with enough watts to do the job along with a good solder that has flux.not sure what size wire your dealing with but a servo extension wire should work.. and 1 more thing is practice soldering. tin whatever you plan on soldering..
I will, thank you

You can shop around .either by using consignment shop auction or even estate sale.. things are cheap if you use the resources that are out there.ie went to a estate sale b4 they had 5$ pack a bag .25 watts wont do I like a 75 watt or 80 watt iron ..
http://www.cardas.com/solder.php
grey has a great soldering vid I check it out..the 1 thing is it doesn't take long to solder anything ..within a second or less that might even be to long

You can shop around .either by using consignment shop auction or even estate sale.. things are cheap if you use the resources that are out there.ie went to a estate sale b4 they had 5$ pack a bag .25 watts wont do I like a 75 watt or 80 watt iron ..
http://www.cardas.com/solder.php
grey has a great soldering vid I check it out..the 1 thing is it doesn't take long to solder anything ..within a second or less that might even be to long
Great idea thanks