Regarding FREE E-Mail Accounts...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
RCNitroTalk.com has recently decided to no longer allow free based email accounts. As of October 15, 2002 RCNitroTalk.com will no longer be accepting registration from free email accounts, if you have already registered with a free email account you will need to change it to one that is not a free email account.

RCNitroTalk.com believes that allowing too many users to post in the forum using free email services such as Yahoo! or Hotmail has and will cause several problems. Veterans of any internet forum can attest to this fact. In order to keep our forum honest and friendly, we don't allow people to register using any free email sites.

You must use a "real" email address from your web host ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], the email assigned to you from your ISP, etc..) If you are concerned about privacy, you have the option to set your profile to not allow other forum members to view your email address. RCNitroTalk.com does NOT and will NOT give out any personal information about you to any third party(s).

Thank you.

-Michael

Good, this will weed out trolls that come to start trouble:thumbsup:

Hay, I use a free account.=devil
Do I look like a Troll to you?

Well Eddy, now that you mention it........

Originally posted by FastEddy

Well you do drive like one:)

LOL! No... well... Look at you avatar dude!! Not so much a troll, closer to a lawn knome:)

Some people pay for hotmail and yahoo

Fast TrollE

Couldnt agree more! Anti-Freemail account validation is a VERY GOOD countermeasure to spasmatic flipnotic acromatic spamolitical messaging by doodledangleoid dingleberry fingerfairy flamers.

:sneaky:

thats stupid. theres hardly any members here not you just gonna loose more.

Originally posted by circlequeen

last month RCNitroTalk.com had 1,170,985 hits to this site...I seriously doubt that every last one of the people that visited will stop coming because we're cleaning up on the unwanted mess from spammers and people that start flaming wars.

Yeah, your using good logic, keep it up. :rolleyes:

-WoodiE

What are you talking about?:confused: Your hardly a member yourself, I think it's a great idea, but hey I am hardly a member too. What do I know.

Originally posted by M@xximillion
but hey I am hardly a member too. What do I know.

Well according to your user title, your a RC Nitro Member :D

-WoodiE

Originally posted by WoodiE

Well according to your user title, your a RC Nitro Member :D

-WoodiE

WAHOOO!! ..... Time flies when your havin fun:banana: :cool:

Well, this just sucks. :(

Originally posted by WoodiE

last month RCNitroTalk.com had 1,170,985 hits to this site...I seriously doubt that every last one of the people that visited will stop coming because we're cleaning up on the unwanted mess from spammers and people that start flaming wars.

Yeah, your using good logic, keep it up. :rolleyes:

-WoodiE

Yeah, so what? No one ever even posts here except for a few select few. And now if any of those few dont have those special e-mail addresses they can't post anymore. So maybe you will wind up getting 8 posts a day instead of 10.

No one ever even posts here except for a few select few.

Hmmm, thats an interesting quote...nonetheless the 'select few' has yet to express ANY many concern for this other then people like you that are not here posting. Ohh well the speed this site is growing we'll make up for your lose in no time at all.

BTW, what exactly do you have to hide circlequeen that you need to hide behind a free email account?

-WoodiE

Hey WoodiE, one of the select few here. Don't waste your breath having a battle of wits with an unarmed person. I am using a free e-mail account as of now but just let me know what I need to do. No complaints here, anything to better a rapidly growing and in my opinion overall great forum. Thanks for all your effort WoodiE

Everyone If you have aim that gives you a free account at netscape and you RCNT can't block netscape because a lot of people use netscape and pay

Mayhem,

Dont kid yourself...ANY email can be blocked.

-WoodiE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back