Redcat shredder xte front/rear differential case issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownsfan1986

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Okay so I have a redcat shredder xte that I got used I have currently a spectrum 6s system in it but I have yet to run 6s I keep it on for s because of this issue I cannot find a metal differential case made by anyone is there any buddy that knows if there are compatible models with a metal diff cover the issue with these diff covers is that they eventually get so hot they end up melting and blow out a differential often

Okay so I have a redcat shredder xte that I got used I have currently a spectrum 6s system in it but I have yet to run 6s I keep it on for s because of this issue I cannot find a metal differential case made by anyone is there any buddy that knows if there are compatible models with a metal diff cover the issue with these diff covers is that they eventually get so hot they end up melting and blow out a differential often
It sounds to me like you have some excessive drag going on in the drive line thats causing the issue. I have 14lb 6S monster Trucks that have plastic diff housings and they dont melt. You need to tear the kit down and check all the diff and transmission gears as well as all the bearings for the diffs, transmission and wheel hubs. I'm betting you have bearings that are seized up or at least not spinning freely. Thats probably why the last owner sold it in the first place.

As for after market diff cases, you're not going to find much for Redcats

On the Shredder, the diff gears are typically the issue, so, all the guys i know swap them to Arrma 6S diff's. Here is a video of a guy that did that swap:
There was a guy awhile back selling hardened gears for them, but noone can seem to get ahold of him anymore. You might get more help on the Redcat Rampage forum: https://www.redcatrampageforum.com/

Back