Redcat Rampage MT - E Clips and pins keep coming out, best way to secure them?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tivum

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
My e clips on the upper and lower pins keep coming out, therefore making the pins come out, is there a better way to secure them to keep this from happening in the future?

I am just guessing here, but the e-clips you have on there... are they soft metal? Can you bend them with pliers? You get two kinds of e-clips - the kind that are made from quality spring steel, that will fly across the room if they slip out of your pliers while installing, and then there is the kind you can crush with a pair of pliers. The crappy soft ones never work for long.

Yeah Racing in my experience sends those crappy e-clips with parts they sell, as does just about every Chinese upgrade part manufacturer. They haven't figured out how to harden metals yet. And if you order e-clips on ebay, they'll likely come from a Chinese drop shipper that sells junk.

McMaster Carr, Fastenal, etc are the best places to get them. Some hardware stores will have them too, and they should be quality clips.

Back