Redcat engine replacment/upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXbigman123Xx

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I blew my motor in my redcat blackout it had a 16t 550 brushed motor in it. I've looked for the same one but all out of stock. So what would you guys recommend for a replacement/upgrade? I would prefer not to get too expensive please and thank you.

I wouldnt repalce it with the OEM motor that failed but thats just me. If you want something cheaper than a quality tekin motor then look at something like THIS.

If you're trying to stay with the same speed motor then I would recommend THIS.
That's a 5-slot motor. The stock is a 3 slot, and 3 slot brushed motors compared to 5 slot brushed motors with the same turn rating and size are much faster, so it is a rather slow motor. It is a lot smoother and can spin much slower though.

I recommend the Holmes Hobbies Trailmaster Sport 550 12T (Holmes Hobbies also makes the Crawlmaster Sport 550 12t that is 5 slot so be aware of that when you order). The reason I prefer Holmes Hobbies motors is because one end of the motor has a ball bearing instead of a bushing. The magnets used are also much more consistent. If you can't find one in stock, my next favorite option is the Traxxas Titan 12T 550.

I would just save and get a brushless motor

Back